Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to enable Sentry Mode without flashing lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Tesla Dev are watching this and many other threads like it and add a USER OPTION for Sentry Mode to TURN OFF headlamps flashing. I get way more false positives and walkers by stopping looking rather bemused and even some rude hand gestures!

Or flash after the 3rd or nth positive trigger in space of only a minute. Not the first...

New to the community but you may submit suggestions directly to Tesla (see tutorial here -
)

I think if enough people submit suggestions we may get some answers from Tesla :)

OP has a great idea. Flashing lights might trigger an incident, like he said by drawing attention to it. Kids playing near by and notice and then start horsing around to trigger it.

Definitely needs a stealth Sentry Mode.

I vote that the OP Tweet Elon with the idea ;)

You can also submit it to MoreTesla.com

Yeah this is my concern

Imagine the car parked close to a bar or nightclub. The car flashing at groups of people is just asking for unwanted attention/trouble.

This is my issue with not being able to turn off flashing lights with Sentry.

I once valet parked the car and the hotel parked the car right at the entrance and I got back in my car to SIXTY SEVEN sentry activations. :eek: I freaked out and went around the car to make sure everything was okay. Yeah, in situations like this, I want to set Sentry to be active but, please, no flashing lights. Just record everything and keep a low profile is what I want the car to do in situations where I know things are going to be busy.

Also want to be able to keep Sentry active and record everything in valet mode. Makes no sense that Sentry recording is disabled when the cars are in Valet Mode, as that's especially when I'd want to have a video record of anything that happens around the car.

View attachment 427083
I really wish there is a way to turn off the head light from flashing. One day the lights will pissed someone off that just walking by the car and might provoke them to do something to your car. I wish there are more option for Sentry Mode.

Totally agree. One day one of these people might get pissed off and throw something at the car.

Yeah and you kind of know what those places are in advance so this is why an OPTION to change the lighting flashing behavior would be so useful. I can see some places where I want the car to just be stealth, other areas where it should flash, and yet other areas where I'd want the lights to not flash but stay on for 30 seconds.

Imagine if you park your car some place that is totally pitch dark. In such a place where you don;t expect much foot traffic, I'd prefer for the lights to stay on for 30 seconds so the cameras have enough light to actually get a decent video of the person and plus when the lights turn on, someone might think it's because the owner is approaching the car and leave.

I really wish there is a way to turn off the head light from flashing. One day the lights will pissed someone off that just walking by the car and might provoke them to do something to your car. I wish there are more option for Sentry Mode.

^^This...I had an incident like that. A couple of drunk guys with a dog walked by the car and got the attention from the sentry mode. They sent the dog jumping on the car until the alarm (rock music) went off and ran..got it all on camera, but that didnt do me *sugar*. Result; some deep scratches on the hood from the dog

Bump.
Found this thread on a google search. My car has been messed with 3 times now in public areas. No real physical vandalization but the car has been given the bird a few times, once two gentlemen decided to expose their genitalia and last night, the car was literally peed on.

It's to the point where I am just going to turn sentry off and use a regular dashcam in front and rear if I can't have an option to be more discreet. Having the lights flash is literally a "come and mess with me" invitation. :(

Reactions: Spacep0d
I parked in a tight one-car garage the the lights kept flashing periodically. Does sentry mode ALWAYS flash the lights, or was it constantly detecting 'incidents' since there was only about 18 inch clearance around the car?

If I'm parked in the back row of a parking lot the last thing I want it to do is flash the lights every 30 seconds!