TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any way to get $3500 back?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by swhang, Jul 26, 2018.

1. swhang

swhang Member

So I just lost my job. I think I'll need to be conservative with my finances now and won't be splurging.

Is there any way to get that $3,500 back?

$1,000 from my deposit on 3/31/16 and the $2,500 order on 6/28/18.

2. Koflach

Koflach Member

try calling Tesla and explaining the situation instead of asking a bunch of random people to guess for you.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

4. Adeon

Adeon Member

Swhang, get it and Uber

5. Nevertipsy

Nevertipsy Member

I'm sorry to hear that dude =\ Hopefully Tesla will be receptive. Otherwise you may have to get it try reselling it? Dunno how resale is on the model 3.

6. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

All the best in your next job. Sometimes these things work out for the better.

• Like x 1
  7. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Member

Sorry to hear... but as stated in the contract you agreed to. No refunds

8. spesler

spesler Member

Looking to sell my Model 3

"Thanks everyone for your responses. Greatly appreciate the suggestions. Tesla agreed to just cancel the reservation and refund me the deposit. I won't have to go through the hoops of looking for a buyer now."

If they refuse (and it would be their right to do so) your best bet would be to either eat the $3500 or keep the car (or a lesser configuration). Attempting to re-sell would mean taking on a lot more risk.

9. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Directly from that order agreement: "Your Order Payment is fully refundable only until your order is matched to a Vehicle, at which point it becomes nonrefundable."

You will need to call, wait on hold for 2 hours, and ask to cancel. Hopefully they allow you.

• Love x 2
  10. EvilCowPow

EvilCowPow Member

If you haven't been assigned a vin you will get a refund.