Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to get build date on a CPO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On all my old cars I could tell the build date because it was built into the VIN. I have decoded my MS VIN and found that such info is not included. I am curious about this because build date would give me the start point for the 8 year warranty. Sorry if this was asked before but I could not find any info other that the Delivery tracker which has no info on my VIN. Many thanks for any assistance in this!

Peace,

Father Bill

On all my old cars I could tell the build date because it was built into the VIN. I have decoded my MS VIN and found that such info is not included. I am curious about this because build date would give me the start point for the 8 year warranty. Sorry if this was asked before but I could not find any info other that the Delivery tracker which has no info on my VIN. Many thanks for any assistance in this!

Peace,

Father Bill

I bet if you call them they will give you the build date. Try to also get the service records of the car...

If you have the car in your possession, the build date is on a sticker in the driver door jam. There are two stickers. One for tire pressure and another one. I forget which (not near my car to look right now), but its in the top right of one of those two.

Also if you have access to CarFax, you can pull up the car based on the VIN number on the CPO Web site. Though it will not give you an in production day, you can find out when the car was registered to someone. You should probably pull up the CarFax of the car any way as that will tell you if there has been any accident insurance claims on the car.

Peace,

Father Bill

I thought the warranty should start the day the car was delivered, not the actual manufacture date. I ran an AutoCheck report on my car, VIN P23006. It was first reported on 11/15/2013.