Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to get Homelink on a 2021 M3 LR without paying $300 to Tesla? Thx.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to consider, if you garage door opener is IoT or WiFi connected, you can use location-based rules to automatically open or close your garage door using your phone. Doesn’t cost any extra money. I have homelink on my other cars but setup rules on phone to open/close based on my phone without even having to interact with it.

...and you'd have to take your brand new car to get worked on at a dealer.
You keep saying this but it is really very simple - buy the module and Tesla Service Center sends a mobile tech to your house for install - you don't have to go to the dealer. And the cost of install is included in the $300. Took 30 minutes to install and I think the $300 was well spent - obviously others don't.

I bought a $10 remote on Amazon, programmed it to my door opener, put a small piece of velcro on the back and attached it to the underside of my center screen. No one knows it's there and I saved $290. Having the door open automatically would certainly be cool, but that wasn't worth the money to me. I can push the button on my own.

Often the simplest solutions are the best! Thank you...