TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any way to keep the A/C on for short stops?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by SOULPEDL, Jul 20, 2018.

1. SOULPEDL

SOULPEDL Member

Run into a store, deliver stuff - would be so much easier than having press the app every time (which takes forever on my android phone to wake it up).

When it's 115F, just one minute with no A/C really matters. Overtemp won't fix it, 105F is still toasty, but I have yet to get that upgrade feature on our M3. Don't want to waste energy either so there should be an option (how does the car know you'll be right back - either tell it, or driver settings?)

Other work-arounds maybe?

• Like x 1
  2. swaltner

swaltner Member

Currently, you need to use the app to do this. If someone is staying in the car’s passenger seat, they can touch the screen to wake the system up after you close the driver’s door.

I’d report this to Tesla as an enhancement request. I also wished the Leaf had a similar feature, but without OTA updates, it was pointless to mention it to Nissan.

• Like x 2
  3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

The Model S and X have this feature already so I'm sure the 3 will get it soon enough.

• Like x 2
  4. BTaylor32185

BTaylor32185 Member

I had a similar problem when I parked my car in a location where the car did not have cell service so I couldn't pre-cool the car using the app. I got in the car and the A/C turned on but I could not figure out how to get the A/C to stay on after I got out and closed the door. Leaving my phone in the car kept the car unlocked but the A/C still turned off when I got out and closed the door. I tried putting a 20lb bag on the driver's seat thinking that the weight on the seat might keep the car on but that also did not work.

• Like x 2