TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any way to make jump seats useful comfort and entertainment wise?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by olia, Apr 9, 2016.

1. olia

olia New Member

So it's been 3 years now we've been waiting to use our jump seats. We live in AZ, and my kids absolutely hate the seats since it gets incredibly hot out there if it's 80+ or higher outside. On top of it I would expect some sort of a safe entertainment solution (mounted, powered etc.). Has anyone installed the AirTainment system in their car or anything similar that would allow for extra ventilation and tablet mount? Please do not suggest holding a portable fan in one hand, an iPad in another with power wires hanging around the neck. Also not interested in double sided tape/Velcro and similar "solutions" posted in old threads :). Interested in clean and safe installations. It's 2016, there is gotta be something out there...

2. sniperside

sniperside Member

good question although it doesn't seem like anybody has found the silver bullet

3. olia

olia New Member

Nope, nothing so far. Jump seats are an absolute waste in warm states. I'm not even bringing up the entertainment fiasco.

4. RYCO

RYCO Member

Might be one of the other solutions you talked about but i have 2 clip on fans in the back and ran a wire so it can be seen. The kids stay cool. Tinted the windows, and live in AZ. In Gilbert. Youre welcome to come check it out. I dont do the ipad or anything, i make them look out the window.....

5. bro1999

bro1999 Member

There was someone making an "Air-tainment" rear console for the jump seat area, but not sure whatever happened to that project.