Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to manually reset TPMS on Y? Wheel config doesn’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New wheels / tires and factory Model Y BT TPMS.

3 of 4 configured fine, though 1 has not.

Changing wheel config from service menu did not help, nor manual reset.

Any ideas? Or just set up mobile service? :(

thanks, Mike
That's a bummer. I doubt mobile service will solve the issue - most likely you got a defective sensor and the tire will have to come off.
I just swapped into new wheels/tires/TPMS and everything configured automatically.

Reactions: MikeBur
That's a bummer. I doubt mobile service will solve the issue - most likely you got a defective sensor and the tire will have to come off.
I just swapped into new wheels/tires/TPMS and everything configured automatically.
Thanks. That’s what I’m thinking. There is a well-equipped mobile tire service here, and will discuss when someone reaches out

My TPMS display regularly swaps the readings for the two right tires. I first noticed this one hour after picking up the car. I got a low tire pressure warning icon. Checked the tire pressures. Tire pressures at 49psi (as delivered!) except front right at 28psi. Pulled over and immediately saw a nail in the tire. Proceeded to a garage but noticed that suddenly the front right was displaying 49 psi, and the right rear 24 psi. Notice the same irregular back-and-forth reporting for the right wheels recently when one was 42psi, the other 38psi.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks. That’s what I’m thinking. There is a well-equipped mobile tire service here, and will discuss when someone reaches out

Let me know if you find anything. I just swapped into a new winter set and am getting the same thing, 3/4 sensors reporting ok but one just indicates -- psi.

All 4 were working and reporting 42 psi after the swap but the old set was still inside the car so maybe it picked up one of those? After driving about an hour all still good. Then I stopped at a supercharger and after driving again I got the fault and it's been on ever since, always the front left that doesn't show up.

IMG_0259sc.jpg

My TPMS display regularly swaps the readings for the two right tires. I first noticed this one hour after picking up the car. I got a low tire pressure warning icon. Checked the tire pressures. Tire pressures at 49psi (as delivered!) except front right at 28psi. Pulled over and immediately saw a nail in the tire. Proceeded to a garage but noticed that suddenly the front right was displaying 49 psi, and the right rear 24 psi. Notice the same irregular back-and-forth reporting for the right wheels recently when one was 42psi, the other 38psi.

Can anyone explain this?

I’m seeing this too, hadn’t noticed it before today.

I found a reset procedure on another thread to try and fix the non-reporting sensor, letting out some air and re-inflating to correct PSI. After doing this the front left reports and rear left is not reporting.

Driving the car for a few minutes it switched from rear left to rear right not reporting. Then the wife mentioned she had seen the rear left not reporting earlier in the day, so perhaps that was the problematic one all along. Going to try doing the reset procedure on the left rear next.

Interesting.... same situation. Old set or tires in cabin, everything seems ok. Remove old tires/wheels and fault starts.

Seems more like the car cannot forget old TPMS totally... I’ll try the deflate/inflate trick, though significant that this is such a coincidence...

I tried the deflate/inflate trick on the left rear and didn't seem to work, still not showing up. I overinflated by several PSI to confirm that is the one not reporting.

Also tried doing a reset by changing the wheel config in settings, which does a reboot, still no luck. All signs point to this being a defective sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur