Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Way To Play Beach Buggy 2 With A Game Controller (afraid For Tire Wear)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a source for that? Love Beach Buggy but not the dry grinding of the tires.

Would be great to play the game with my wireless Xbox controller!
What else: Elon said. :D (On Twitter, I think it was more about the plugged in ones but definitely controllers coming).

I assume like everything this is the first version and it will improve. Last thing they want is hardware/tire complaints added to the service list.

Last edited:
What else: Elon said. :D (On Twitter, I think it was more about the plugged in ones but definitely controllers coming).

I assume like everything this is the first version and it will improve. Last thing they want is hardware/tire complaints added to the service list.

Would be so awesome to be able to pass the game controller to someone else in the car without having to have them sit on the driver's seat.

Can always use the onscreen buttons to turn left/right, its not just the steering wheel that controls the car. Although using the ps4/xbox controllers would be ideal there is another option.

Tried it but the game is almost unplayable using the onscreen controls for higher levels.

Game controller support would make this such a fun game to play in the car. Right now my tire grinding phobia takes away the joy of playing this game with the steering wheel.

Reactions: boaterva
  • Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
Reactions: Daniellane
Hey yeah, and with leetle teeny flat ramps to roll up on them ... could be the start of a whole new aftermarket item, the Tesla Game Steer Kit =)
Ok,
So Just for fun, I was looking on amazon, and then on YouTube. (Lots of free time at the moment)
There are already existing products that do this for the purpose of the front end alignment. Just search for ‘turn plates” on Amazon
Here’s an example for ~$250
QuickTrick Roll on Turnplates Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HHA58K2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_a7ReDb8X9A3W3

3B114143-CA21-4C24-A5E4-F9D677A15795.jpeg

Better Still...
There’s a guy on YouTube who has a solution for $5 for using 4 pizza pans and some nonstick spray from the dollar store.

53D1457B-AB2F-49D1-B49D-79336697E8BA.jpeg
B254E3C4-6E0F-45EA-AF36-E2560CAFEC10.jpeg

Reactions: mrbulk
Ok,
So Just for fun, I was looking on amazon, and then on YouTube. (Lots of free time at the moment)
There are already existing products that do this for the purpose of the front end alignment. Just search for ‘turn plates” on Amazon
QuickTrick Roll on Turnplates Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HHA58K2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_a7ReDb8X9A3W3

View attachment 423359

Better Still...
There’s a guy on YouTube who has a solution for $5 for using 4 pizza pans and some nonstick spray from the dollar store.

View attachment 423353 View attachment 423354

They can sell these at Superchargers for people to play Beach Buggy with the steering wheel without guilt of tire wear/damage :)

i would ask the opposite question: how would it possibly damage? My son is addicted to the game..

By wearing just one portion of the tires unevenly? The tread pattern is generally designed for forward momentum and not sideways rubbing along a central axis point repeatedly in one place -- right? I've heard of people cringing at steering while not moving but not sure what the science behind that is.

As in all things, this might come down to frequency. Perhaps a bit is okay but too much is not okay? I mean if you play this game in place on rough pavement for 3 hours would that not cause weird wear on that part of the tire/tread?

Ok,

View attachment 423359

Better Still...

View attachment 423353 View attachment 423354

We used to use similar plastic trays from fast food restaurants to... uh, “drift” our FWD Hondas and Corollas in high school. I like the potential beach buggy application.

Still think it’s funny people are actually losing sleep about hurting their tires, but appreciate the innovative solution.