Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any way to remove minor dents?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on my passanger side that there was a dent on the rear door panel. :crying: The paint isn't chipped.
Is there anyway to fix that easily? (use to be able to take a plunger to the old steel cars and get some dents out that way).

Or should I take it to the SC? Not sure if it was a defect or not, so I wonder what they would charge...

I hate starting mornings like this...now I'll be in the dumps all day.

Find a "paintless dent removal" service in your area. They are experts and can take out dents that don't need painting somewhat inexpensively. You can search YouTube for videos on how to do it, but it takes years of practice to get good at it. I guess you can try yourself and then hire someone if you fail. Some special tools are sometimes required, depending on the type dent.

Are there any creases in the dent? If so, that could pose a problem.

Reminds me of a joke: A gullible person was driving home after a game & got caught in a really bad
hailstorm. Their car was covered with dents, so the next day they took it
to a repair shop. The shop owner realized that this person was gullible, so he
decided to have some fun. He told the person to go home and blow into the
tail pipe really hard, and all the dents would pop out.

So, the gullible person went home, got down on their hands and knees and started
blowing into the tailpipe. Nothing happened. So the person blew a little
harder, and still nothing happened.

Her gullible roommate saw her and asked, 'What are you doing?' The first
person told her how the repairman had instructed them to blow into the
tail pipe in order to get all the dents to pop out.
The roommate rolled their eyes and said, 'Uh, like hello!
You need to roll up the windows first.'

I noticed on my passanger side that there was a dent on the rear door panel. :crying: The paint isn't chipped.
Is there anyway to fix that easily? (use to be able to take a plunger to the old steel cars and get some dents out that way).

Or should I take it to the SC? Not sure if it was a defect or not, so I wonder what they would charge...

I hate starting mornings like this...now I'll be in the dumps all day.

A good PDR guy would be able to do wonders.

Reminds me of a joke: A gullible person was driving home after a game & got caught in a really bad
hailstorm. Their car was covered with dents, so the next day they took it
to a repair shop. The shop owner realized that this person was gullible, so he
decided to have some fun. He told the person to go home and blow into the
tail pipe really hard, and all the dents would pop out.

So, the gullible person went home, got down on their hands and knees and started
blowing into the tailpipe. Nothing happened. So the person blew a little
harder, and still nothing happened.

Her gullible roommate saw her and asked, 'What are you doing?' The first
person told her how the repairman had instructed them to blow into the
tail pipe in order to get all the dents to pop out.
The roommate rolled their eyes and said, 'Uh, like hello!
You need to roll up the windows first.'

First, I bet it took you twice as long to post this because you conscientiously removed all reference to hair color, sex or intelligence. I applaud how well you did it.

Second, There's the rub. Teslas don't have tailpipes, so you gotta go with Paintless Dent Removal. (Otherwise, of course, it would work.)

My local SC has a PDR guy they use... he did the work onsite at the SC while it was there for other issues. $150 and looks good as new. I'd ask your SC for recommendations.

Thanks. I just checked with my SC and they don't do any type of body work ( even minor dents). They did tell me that the preferred body shop for Tesla's (at least in the Toronto area) is Excellent Autocollision. I'll get a quote from them since I prefer to use the one that Tesla recommends.