TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any way to send a message to a particular user to free up PM space?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by FlasherZ, Sep 19, 2013.

1. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I was in a PM conversation with a user and needed to send a clarifying PM, but his PM box is full. Will an admin send a PM beyond the limit on my behalf to clean up some PM's?

I was kinda hoping I could drop an e-mail or some other form than a public post that he/she may or may not see.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Feature request:
    When PM store is full, a notification happens at refresh (like the notification you get when you have a new message).

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

When my in-box is full I get an email notification giving me the forum member's screen name and informing me that the forum member attempted to send me a private message. I then clean out my in-box and send an email to the forum member apologizing and suggesting that they send me another message.

Larry

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I never get this notification. Perhaps I need to enable something in my preferences.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Thanks Larry, it appears the recipient did clean out a few messages. :)

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

You don't get the notification unless you get private messages, brianman. A lot of private messages. It's okay. I'll send you some. -hugs-

7. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

I tried to send brianman private messages but it always says his box is full. :crying:

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Ouch.

I get private messages. Not always friendly, but I get them. Usually it's mods telling me I did something wrong, in a nice polite way.

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

You left yourself open for that one. :)

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Probably because of the bug bonnie says I can't repro. ;)