Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to stop music playing when i start my MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
know people posted in the past but saw no solution

new to tesla

i guess i listen to loud music…so when i start up it is jarring to have the music suddenly start

stopping the music before i leave does not seem to help…

the car seems pretty smart with slot of settings…can’t their just be an option…”no audio auto play on startup”

I've been seeing this problem as well when I use Spotify with the vehicle. What worked for me yesterday was prior to exiting the vehicle, to switch the car to radio and then turn the volume off with the left steering wheel button. The next time I enter the car, it's peacefully silent.

I've also read that this is a problem in my brief searches that has been happening for a while with no real fix. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has a solution.

know people posted in the past but saw no solution

new to tesla

i guess i listen to loud music…so when i start up it is jarring to have the music suddenly start

stopping the music before i leave does not seem to help…

the car seems pretty smart with slot of settings…can’t their just be an option…”no audio auto play on startup”

The only "solution" I've found is to turn the volume off. It seems to stay off.

I do it by switching source to Bluetooth and not connecting anything. But would much rather the car simply retained the state prior to me exiting. Sometimes I want the music to start again, sometimes I don’t.
what i did with my iphone makes it work the way you want it…if i shut it off it stays off…

what works for me may not work for others…

but the problem may not be the car…but the phone…

I do it by switching source to Bluetooth and not connecting anything. But would much rather the car simply retained the state prior to me exiting. Sometimes I want the music to start again, sometimes I don’t.
many posts on this…little success in fixing

but i realized this is not necessarily a tesla problem…i think it is a phone problem…

looked on a lot of iphone forums…here is what worked for me…

apple phone using apple music

1. my phone was queuing up a lot of music that i didn’t ask for…then playing this queue

it’s like it was making playlists based on my past history…

2. there is an auto play setting…an infinity sign…need to uncheck this…but that did not fix it…

3. the real fix…after years of apple music and a number of phones…i think the phone database gets corrupted

4. my apple music is part of my icloud…on mult devices

5. uninstall the music app…delete it from the phone…it deletes it all songs etc from the phone

6. remember your library is remembered in icloud

7. reinstall apple music…start out with a fresh database (but it will have your library cause that’s stored in the cloud…)

8. you need to re-download any music you want on your phone…and uncheck those infinity signs…

silence! if i stop the music before i exit the car…it stays off the next time i enter…

bottom line…it may be your phone not your car…