Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any word on improvements to the back-seat passenger area for the refreshed S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon made such a big deal about how much more comfortable the back seat is that I was shocked to see the specs appear to show a <1 inch legroom difference from the current Model S and much lower hip room #'s. I'm not aware of any real-world reports of how much, if any, improvement there has been in back-seat legroom or anything else about improvements in backseat comfort.

Anything out there I'm missing? Any lucky Plaid owners willing to fill me in?

I think the real benefits are seen in the seating materials, fold-down center console, and video screen.

“comfort” is a subjective term and Elon may think access to video games = comfort.

The wireless charging for rear occupants, separate LCD display and increased room through thinner front seats is a pretty nice upgrade already. I think I saw at one point that the rear uprights might be reclinable as well but I didn't see any mention of that during the launch. Either way, rear seat occupancy can't go downhill too much.

For rear passengers, it is possible for them to pair bluetooth headphones and watch a movie? I would think "yes", but the reviews I've seen indicate otherwise.

The new interior looks great and has me considering an upgrade!