Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any word on Q4 call about customer service and service centers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

Doc Brown

I could only listen to the call on and off yesterday - I’m curious if there were any questions related to service issues. As an investor - one thing that concerns me about another 500,000 Tesla’s on the road next year is the capacity of the company to do warranty and out-of-warranty work on those (and existing) cars. Tesla pretty much enjoys a lack of serious competition with EVs - but that’s likely to change in the next year or two. Other manufacturers have service centers located at existing dealerships that will (arguably) be able to handle the repair of new EV offerings.

Yes - I think Tesla is well ahead of the pack with batteries, charging networks, and, perhaps, some programming - but I expect others will close the gap.

So - any discussion during the call of what Tesla recognizes is an existing "issue?"

Would it even matter? One year ago he volunteered that customer service was a problem early in the Q4 earnings call and said it would be addressed. Fast forward 1 whole year since and it's actually become worse in our region. Does it even matter what he says in these stupid things? Hell, he wasted about 5 minutes trying to deny what he said about FSD being "feature-ready" with only a regulation change required to send out the activation via firmware update by the end of 2019. He looked terrible going on and on about how he didn't say that when it was clear to anyone with ears that that's what he said... multiple times over various conversations and outlets.