Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody driving 100 miles plus a day??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my 60, but sounds like the 85 would best suit your needs. Most of my daily driving is between 40 and 60 miles. If I drove more than 100 miles per day on average I would have definitely chosen the 85.

That was part of my rationale for the 85. This past winter, I would use up 60% or more of my pack in a 100 mile day due to the cold and no place to plug in during the day. That's still within the range of a 60, but another concern of mine was degradation of range over time. I wanted to be able to do my driving for a number of years with no concerns over range or whether or not I could drive "normally', use my HVAC and so forth.

I am on the verge of selling my Lexus GS and going all in on a Model S. I average around 120 miles per day 35K miles a year. I am curious if anybody else is putting serious miles on their MS? and if so, how is it holding up?? How often are you having to swap out brakes and tires? Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks

I've had mine 2 weeks to the day but one day it was in for Opti-coat. 1,400 miles so far so averaging 107 per day or ~39K/year. Low mileage so far but others are already at 75K and climbing plus there are limo/taxi services etc.

I like this thread!
I just got my S60 over the weekend. I do about 300 miles per day. I got dual chargers. Waiting for my HPWC to be installed. Supercharger about 15 miles out of my normal route and I can charge at a J1772 while at work,not sure what amperage yet. 19in wheels. I would gotten the S85 for warranty and buffer,wife was mainly concerned but it just wasn't in the budget. regen is very aggressive. If it saves brakes like my Prius did then we're set. I only changed them 3 times over 261k miles

I like this thread!
I just got my S60 over the weekend. I do about 300 miles per day. I got dual chargers. Waiting for my HPWC to be installed. Supercharger about 15 miles out of my normal route and I can charge at a J1772 while at work,not sure what amperage yet. 19in wheels. I would gotten the S85 for warranty and buffer,wife was mainly concerned but it just wasn't in the budget. regen is very aggressive. If it saves brakes like my Prius did then we're set. I only changed them 3 times over 261k miles

I know gas comes from a "different" budget than car-payment, but @ 300 miles per day, you were likely spending close to $1000 per month on gas. Doesn't that make the Model S basically free? If I drove that much, I would have hit the "load my Tesla" button and called it a day. I only drive 5k miles per year so I ordered a 60.

I like this thread!

at 300 miles per day you should have got an 85.

I know gas comes from a "different" budget than car-payment, but @ 300 miles per day, you were likely spending close to $1000 per month on gas. Dones't that make the Model S basically free? If I drove that much, I would have hit the "load my Tesla" button and called it a day. I only drive 5k miles per year so I ordered a 60.

Even with 261k miles my Prius was getting 42mpg. I was spending about 550 a month.only traveling 5 days per week. The Model S is obviously a much better ride. The 85 for me Would have been for warranty only really. With as much as I or we drive I think resale value drops a lot and once the Model E comes out our cars target buyers have competition

I wanted to future proof for public chargers and wife springs trips on me when I get home. Good thing is I have 2 superchargers near. One about 50 miles the other about 100. Nothing in between to speak of. I read that the 85 has iirc 12 miles left at 0 miles. Does anyone know for the 60?

I wanted to future proof for public chargers and wife springs trips on me when I get home. Good thing is I have 2 superchargers near. One about 50 miles the other about 100. Nothing in between to speak of. I read that the 85 has iirc 12 miles left at 0 miles. Does anyone know for the 60?

You should not count on anything below 0.

I am on the verge of selling my Lexus GS and going all in on a Model S. I average around 120 miles per day 35K miles a year. I am curious if anybody else is putting serious miles on their MS? and if so, how is it holding up?? How often are you having to swap out brakes and tires? Any info would be much appreciated

My S85 does a day trip of 124 miles, 3x per week. It's an awesome car for these kind of distances. I charge to 80% daily, rarely more. 20k miles so far. The OEM tires appear to be good for 30k+ miles, I have the 19" wheels. The 21s wear faster, cost more, and are more prone to pothole damage and curb rash. With regen braking doing most of the work, the original friction brakes should outlast the car.

On the TM forum an MS owner reported 75k miles so far, with only 7% range loss.

I used to often drive 102 miles a day with a BMW Active E (about 100 mile range) with the Model S, it's more... 160 miles today alone. I'm at 11,000 miles after picking up the car on November 8... So, I'm pretty close to 25k a year, on the average.

Are you leasing the car or financing it? How many miles allowed per year on the lease?