Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else finding range increased by 2018.26?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snerruc

Unqualified Doofus
Apr 16, 2016
Palm Bay
Before 2018.26, I usually averaged 285-290 wh per mile on the interstate driving 65-70 with some drafting. This past weekend I charged to 100%-239 miles and drove to St Augustine via Orlando airport. I averaged 262 wh per mile and arrived arrived with 60 rated miles left. Distance was 201 miles. Average speed 70+ little drafting. Coming home I started with 232 mi in the battery, drove 70-75 no drafting. I arrived home with42 miles remaining and drove 206 miles. Consumption was 263. Around town I have dropped from 255-265 average to 235-250 average. I find I can easily go 200 miles between charges and suspect ,if I trailed a semi going 70 , 250 would be reasonable. I hope the next update doesn’t screw this up!

There are many variables that come into play while driving. It's not the software update, it's the route you were traveling combined with the ambient conditions of that day. Tesla can't magically increase the vehicle's efficiency with a software update, and if it could, you bet they would have promoted the hell out of it.

There are many variables that come into play while driving. It's not the software update, it's the route you were traveling combined with the ambient conditions of that day. Tesla can't magically increase the vehicle's efficiency with a software update, and if it could, you bet they would have promoted the hell out of it.

technically you can alter performance/efficiency by software to a certain extent, but i agree, it was probably the route he drove/weather condition.

Placebo effect. Your range depends on so many things, knowing you got an update makes you want to look for improvements. Have been driving a Tesla since 2013, no longer pay attention to small range differences (+/-10miles), sometimes it goes up, sometimes down, over the years stays pretty much constant.

I drive a S75. Originally 249 rated and currently 239. In the real world I never get less than rated miles even short trips with multiple stops and 95 degree weather.if a placebo gets me a 15 - 20% increase in range, i’m A happy camper. I have verified the example, all on I 95, a racetrack. Remember, I am driving faster with less drafting now. The next time I go to the Keys, I may not have to stop until Florida City.

Before 2018.26, I usually averaged 285-290 wh per mile on the interstate driving 65-70 with some drafting. This past weekend I charged to 100%-239 miles and drove to St Augustine via Orlando airport. I averaged 262 wh per mile and arrived arrived with 60 rated miles left. Distance was 201 miles. Average speed 70+ little drafting. Coming home I started with 232 mi in the battery, drove 70-75 no drafting. I arrived home with42 miles remaining and drove 206 miles. Consumption was 263. Around town I have dropped from 255-265 average to 235-250 average. I find I can easily go 200 miles between charges and suspect ,if I trailed a semi going 70 , 250 would be reasonable. I hope the next update doesn’t screw this up!

Very coincidentally, same thing happened to me yesterday (Aug 3). I drove my wife 42 miles South to Fort Lauderdale airport, then North to the Melbourne, Florida supercharger. Total mileage: 200. My 2016 S75 also had a max range of 249 when new and is now 238. Arriving at Melbourne, I still had 62 miles of charge left. I did notice a large American flag just off 95 that indicated a rather stiff South to North tail wind; maybe due to the same weather system that you experienced.

Very coincidentally, same thing happened to me yesterday (Aug 3). I drove my wife 42 miles South to Fort Lauderdale airport, then North to the Melbourne, Florida supercharger. Total mileage: 200. My 2016 S75 also had a max range of 249 when new and is now 238. Arriving at Melbourne, I still had 62 miles of charge left. I did notice a large American flag just off 95 that indicated a rather stiff South to North tail wind; maybe due to the same weather system that you experienced.
262 going north 263 going south same westher

If you read the whole article on the rated ranges for the model 3, the Long range version and Performance version (dual motor) are all rated the same. The long range RWD gets much higher real word mileage than the AWD version. I would have to agree that your S75 is probably in that category. My 75D gets much less range than you are reporting. If its hot out and I have the air on, my watt/hr mileage is 350, I think maybe once driving as slow and steady as I could I was able to stay under 300 for a non-highway trip.