TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anybody else get invite in Brevard County Florida

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Rick Duva, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Just configured on 04/06. I was wondering if I’ll be the first one in the county? I assume not since I see a lot of S and X’s. Some owners had to of ordered a 3 but I haven’t seen any.

2. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

I got my invite in Jan. And passed. I saw a 3 at port Canaveral last week..

3. Chips

Chips Member

Still waitign my invite :( I've seen maybe 3 3's here at KSC. I know a midnight one parks out at the SpaceX building at the launch pad. I have also seen one at the SpaceX building just outside the AFS gate at the port. Had a white one pass me as I was walking by the PCC last week.

4. Chris350

Chris350 Member

The farthest south I have seen on was Delray Beach - Atlantic Ave - Turnpike exit about 4 weeks ago.... Midnight Silver... Passed me by with a temp tag.... Haven't seen one since... I'm in Jupiter

5. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Thanks, well sounds like I’ll still be one of the few in 3-6 weeks.

6. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Received my VIN 05/07 delivery at the end of May. :)

7. Chips

Chips Member

Congrats!
    Color? Wheels?
    Doing any paint corrections and/or protection?

8. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Black/Aeros

Getting ceramic coating. Bought the clear 3M for center console and going to ask tint place to put it on. Worse part is going to get car and then have to drop off within the first few days for coating for probably 2 days then another day for tint.

9. Chips

Chips Member

Yea that is going to be a killer to leave right after pickup. Using a Brevard ceramic/tint shop? Love to hear thoughts on how happy (or not) you are with their application process. I'll be looking to get the same done.

10. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Do you know who you’ll be using? I looked into Details Matter but they’re so expensive. The guy that details our cars at work just got certified but I would literally be his second car and that makes me nervous. I’ll proba do Art’s tinting for the windows.

11. Chips

Chips Member

Not yet. Was going to look around Orlando or perhaps down south towards the Boca/Lauderdale area. I'll decide before i setup where to do delivery and I know its gonna cost a fortune :( Will want a shop that can do coat and tint. A buddy in the metro Orlando area did ceramic and did and had a guy that traveled over from Tampa. Looks very nice - can't see any edges at all.

12. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Went to Art’s tinting yesterday thinking they haven’t dealt with a model 3 yet and they tell me they’ve already did 2 and 1 came in today. o_O

13. TrentC

TrentC Member

How much did Arts quote. Was thinking of using Dark Side on US1.

14. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

$169 for regular $229 for ceramic. They’re about a week behind but I guess that doesn’t matter for me right now since my VIN disappeared last night! Received my please pay in full payment for the car email on the 12th, did it right away and now 6 days later no VIN anymore. :mad:

15. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

91DEE24B-6EF9-46F9-99D6-907B106A5D92.jpeg

There was one charging at West Melbourne but of course not mine, still waiting.

16. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Been staring at this since 05/12!

E9FDBE40-58CB-4CBE-B1A9-BB52A31CBCAD.png

17. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Finally got delivery date of June 6th. ISA told me truckload coming to Orlando and Jacksonville.

• Like x 1
  18. Drax

Drax Member

Hopefully mine will be on the same truck, and every car will make it through the storm unscathed.

19. Rick Duva

Rick Duva Member

Ugh, forgot about storm. :mad:

20. Drax

Drax Member

@Rick Duva Same.. Ugh. Sorry.

At least the storm isn’t supposed to get too intense.