Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else now getting "dual motor" emblem on your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_2397 (1).jpg
    IMG_2397 (1).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 115
Curious. Why don't some of you want the Dual Motor emblem?

I think it just looks a bit odd written out in full. "DM" might have been a better alternative. It's a bit like writing "All Wheel Drive" across the back instead of "AWD". I do think it should have some differentiation though, just not "Dual Motor". I don't know why they didn't just use the same logic as they did with S and X i.e. Model 3 on the left side and 75D or whatever on the right. That seems more logical to me.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
I agree, the spelling it out is weird. I think tesla wants to educate the market in “Dual Motor” which has both performance and AWD connections to it, and the Model 3 is there car for everyone, for the masses so I suspect that’s why they want it to be obvious and not some cryptic thing only Tesla fanboys can figure out.

That said, a “PD+” or something more akin to their S line would be preferred by me.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
I agree, the spelling it out is weird. I think tesla wants to educate the market in “Dual Motor” which has both performance and AWD connections to it, and the Model 3 is there car for everyone, for the masses so I suspect that’s why they want it to be obvious and not some cryptic thing only Tesla fanboys can figure out.

I reckon quite a few people will think "Dual Motor" means some sort of hybrid. Most other manufacturers like Nissan make a big point of emphasising the "EV" thing. Even a lot of hybrids do this!

I reckon quite a few people will think "Dual Motor" means some sort of hybrid. Most other manufacturers like Nissan make a big point of emphasising the "EV" thing. Even a lot of hybrids do this!

Makes sense, but I think enough of the public now knows Tesla = EV, I mean the name itself is 100% DC electricity and it's been their thing from the beginning of time. The people who don't already know that probably aren't in their target market eyesights now. That said, more distinguishing between models would be nice. Model 3 competes with 3 series, there are TONS of visual queues to distinguish the cheapest entry-level model from an M3. I'd like to see a little bit more. A single badge isn't the answer to that though.

Makes sense, but I think enough of the public now knows Tesla = EV, I mean the name itself is 100% DC electricity and it's been their thing from the beginning of time. The people who don't already know that probably aren't in their target market eyesights now.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Our neighbour (who owns 2 hybrids) asked if our Tesla was 100% electric the other day. I just don't think public knowledge of EVs vs hybrids etc is all that great. Certainly manufacturers are taking advantage of that with their PHEV marketing!

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Our neighbour (who owns 2 hybrids) asked if our Tesla was 100% electric the other day. I just don't think public knowledge of EVs vs hybrids etc is all that great. Certainly manufacturers are taking advantage of that with their PHEV marketing!

I think if I asked the average folk in the form on non-obvious multiple choice questions, more people would know Tesla is purely electric than be able to explain what the heck PHEV is, acronym or not. At least in the US that is, I respect it may totally be different in Europe.

I think if I asked the average folk in the form on non-obvious multiple choice questions, more people would know Tesla is purely electric than be able to explain what the heck PHEV is, acronym or not. At least in the US that is, I respect it may totally be different in Europe.

Hybrids massively outnumber BEVs and so public awareness of them is generally higher. Tesla cars are not that well known in the UK, despite Elon making news headlines nearly every week. I've had numerous people ask me what my Model X is. When I tell them it's a Tesla, they then usually ask if it's electric or hybrid. So they've heard of Tesla but struggle to identify the actual cars. I'm talking about average guys here who are not into cars. Obviously there are Tesla enthusiasts and most kids seem clued up too!