Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else with standard suspension get this email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty pissed when I saw this...I had already told everyone to expect the car March 8th-22nd...family, friends, neighbors...everyone's so excited....Started lining up financing, making calls to different CUs...and calling for the VIN so I can take advantage of the $2500 rebate before it runs out....then I saw this in my inbox 30 minutes ago....you have GOT to be shittin me!

Hello Kevin,

We hope all is well. You received a recent communication regarding the delivery of your car. If you started the Delivery Tool you would have been presented with a delivery range that is not accurate. Our system did not account for the fact that you opted for the Standard Coil Suspension. The most accurate delivery estimate we can currently provide is April/May for your specific configuration. As we get closer to that date, we will refine the range to two weeks.
If you have not already setup charging at home, you should begin exploring the possibilities. You can find information regarding charging here, Charging Basics.
We look forward to delivering your Model S. Let us know if you have any questions.
Warm Regards,
Tesla Motors – Delivery Team
[email protected]
888-771-2505 (Option 2)

Your only off by a month or two -- shouldn't make much of a difference for financing would it?
You could always add on the active air suspension too - that would speed things up a lot I would think....
My guess is that they just are a little behind where they thought they would be by this point for non active air.

Pretty pissed when I saw this...I had already told everyone to expect the car March 8th-22nd...family, friends, neighbors...everyone's so excited....Started lining up financing, making calls to different CUs...and calling for the VIN so I can take advantage of the $2500 rebate before it runs out....then I saw this in my inbox 30 minutes ago....you have GOT to be shittin me!

Hello Kevin,

We hope all is well. You received a recent communication regarding the delivery of your car. If you started the Delivery Tool you would have been presented with a delivery range that is not accurate. Our system did not account for the fact that you opted for the Standard Coil Suspension. The most accurate delivery estimate we can currently provide is April/May for your specific configuration. As we get closer to that date, we will refine the range to two weeks.
If you have not already setup charging at home, you should begin exploring the possibilities. You can find information regarding charging here, Charging Basics.
We look forward to delivering your Model S. Let us know if you have any questions.
Warm Regards,
[email protected]
888-771-2505 (Option 2)

Your only off by a month or two -- shouldn't make much of a difference for financing would it?
You could always add on the active air suspension too - that would speed things up a lot I would think....
My guess is that they just are a little behind where they thought they would be by this point for non active air.

Doubt they'd let him change at this point -- and honestly, not sure it would be worth the hassle/expense. Prolly best to just join the club and swallow the delay.

i got it also today, just doesn't seem right or logical that they could make a mistake like this. I have res #4271 and have had dozens of friends and others who have much higher numbers getting their cars. I am really pissed. Just had the electrician leave today and was expecting my car for my birthday next month. SUCKS!

Hello Kevin,

Warm Regards,
[email protected]
888-771-2505 (Option 2)

Its because you opted for the standard option and they said on their website that they wont start the normal ones until like after march or something...

At this rate I might have to in order to take advantage of the CA rebate, but since I already hit the red delivery button and chose pickup at factory..it may be too late...just in case it wasnt clear in my first post, the reason I am so frustrated is because I originally got the "your car is ready for delivery" email and got a window of March 8-22nd AND THEN they came back and said "the system didnt account for my standard suspension configuration" and it would rather be April/May timeframe. How does that happen?? My configuration has been the same for the past year and a half, and the thing that really irks me is when ppl who just reserved 3 months ago are taking deliveries and some of us who reserved over a year ago keep getting pushed further and further

At this rate I might have to in order to take advantage of the CA rebate, but since I already hit the red delivery button and chose pickup at factory..it may be too late...just in case it wasnt clear in my first post, the reason I am so frustrated is because I originally got the "your car is ready for delivery" email and got a window of March 8-22nd AND THEN they came back and said "the system didnt account for my standard suspension configuration" and it would rather be April/May timeframe. How does that happen?? My configuration has been the same for the past year and a half, and the thing that really irks me is when ppl who just reserved 3 months ago are taking deliveries and some of us who reserved over a year ago keep getting pushed further and further

I feel your pain brother. I've had my reservation for a year and half as well. It just doesn't sit well with me that the folks who supported Tesla when it was much riskier to do so are now having to watch folks jumping in late and getting their cars before us. Where's the justice it that? Seems we should be recognized in some other way if not getting delivery in order of reservation #.

Sorry to hear that. I think in a case like this..Tesla should just add the air for free....i would think its better to give a few initial customers air and deliver car within the delivery window, than retracting statements about delivery dates. I have a standard coil as well in canada but havn't received that email yet. I would be disappointed if that happens too.

Regards,
Raza

Is it really this easy after all the paperwork has been finalized? I have asked the delivery team in email what's involved in changing it at this point and am awaiting a response.

No it's not....I was told I can't change it since I've already selected a delivery method

- - - Updated - - -

Were u 60KWh or 85KWh ? I guess they would follow similar sequencing to send out 85KWh with standard suspension and then move on to 60KWh with standard coil?

Regards,
RK

It is a 60

Sorry to hear that. I think in a case like this..Tesla should just add the air for free....i would think its better to give a few initial customers air and deliver car within the delivery window, than retracting statements about delivery dates. I have a standard coil as well in canada but havn't received that email yet. I would be disappointed if that happens too.

Regards,
Raza
So you're asking tesla to basically screw the people who paid extra for the active air suspension by giving that option free of charge to others
Most likely will not happen

Is it really this easy after all the paperwork has been finalized? I have asked the delivery team in email what's involved in changing it at this point and am awaiting a response.

$1500 ain't chump change! It's a big decision. I wonder how much range/efficiency it adds having it? This was the impetus for the system (not just for going over steep driveways 

Also, I wonder how much better it drives in regards to hugging the ground.

I have a P85 and absolutely LOVE the drive! I'm coming off of a BMW 335i (which i loved loved loved...RIP) and the model S puts that to shame (minus the handling which I would say was better in the 335i but we are also talking about a MUCH smaller car and about the ultimate driving machine AND (not to mention) about 1000 pounds of extra weight!!!).

With my P85 I definitely FEEL all that weight when cornering hard/aggressive but I have to say I feel just as CONFIDENT as I did in my lil 335i. (Again...I wonder how much of that is b/c of the active air suspension....). None have been delivered w/o it and all the beta vehicles had it...so not sure anyone knows the answer! when you get it...let us know what you think of the suspension/handling...

FWIW - based on my situation, if anyone with Standard Suspension were to switch to Air at this point, you probably wouldn't get the car much sooner. I reserved September, 2011, finalized August, 2012, and re-finalized with Active Air at the end of November, 2012. I'm a 60kwh, res#5339 and I've watched as numbers close to 12,000 begin to take delivery despite not even reserving until December, 2012. The reason for this is that TM put me at the end of the line of the Active Air orders, including many that reserved/finalized after me. Its frustrating, but I remind myself that 40kwh orders that came as much as a year before me are still waiting. My window is 2/10 - 2/24. I don't have a VIN yet, but I still hope for delivery by the end of the month. Also, note that I switched to Air because I decided that's what I should have ordered originally, not merely to move up the line.