TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anybody experiencing difficulty connecting via phone app today?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ZoomFPV, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ZoomFPV

ZoomFPV Member

My S is parked in the same spot at home and at work. I never had problems connecting to it via the app till today, tested on both android (closed the app and tried many times) and ipad. Remote S app is slow too but at least it connects while the native tesla app just spins (trying to connect) on both my devices ( internet is good on both device, tested LTE and wifi with the same results)

PS: "My always connected" option is on, I even verified today.

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Yes, I can connect right now either. Must be an issue on the Tesla side.

Edit: after trying for 60 seconds it finally connected.

3. rfmurphy81

rfmurphy81 Member

It appears that the Tesla API is down (which powers the official app, and other third-party sites use for data logging and control). If you are data logging via one of these sites, you'll see status "unknown" in the status or data only intermittently recorded. See Model S REST API for the original report.

4. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Had the same issue.

When I got in my car this morning, both screens were off. I had to restart the main screen to get it to power up.

5. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Yep same issue for a bit, seems fine now.

Jeff

6. rog

rog Member

I actually had the same issue already yesterday around 2pm EST.

7. f-stop

f-stop Member

I had the same problem connecting to my car today, (7/26) a little after 11am PDT. couldn't connect via Tesla app or via Remote S, I was trying to start HVAC remotely. I thought it was just me.

I have VisibleTesla running on my desktop computer - I just took a look at the graph and it's missing data points between 10:30am - 11:39am today. So perhaps connection to the Tesla servers was down around then.

8. peter_wallace

peter_wallace Member

Yeah, i experienced some connection spikes as well. No problems at the moment though.