Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody from Florida waiting for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything I've heard about the Tampa location has been great. My dad got his M3 during the end of 2018 push from Tampa location and the first car had issues so they reassigned VIN on site as they had another spec'd exactly the same that was perfect and he drove off happy. The mobile service guys for this area are great as well.

Congrats @bethterry! Did they mention delivery timing? The only think I'm sure of is they'll be delivered by the end of the month (and quarter)!!!
They said it is finishing in the factory and should be in Jacksonville in a week or so. At that point, it's 7-10 days for delivery, depending on the 3rd party deliverer. BUT, I have to sign the fedex forms this week, and I have to pay my balance before they arrange delivery, so I assume it will count as a June sale, even if it's not officially delivered.

Has anyone dealt with Dania Beach SC before? I went there for MY test drive, and they all seemed nice, and since they will be handling my delivery and future repairs (I live 12 minute drive from them) I'm curious if anyone had prior experience there.
I did my test drive there and scheduled to pick up my MY there on Wednesday. Will post about my experience with that SC after pickup

@bcs92, good luck tomorrow! Please report your delivery experience and build quality.

One quick question before pickup: Did you have a trade-in? If so, did they automatically transfer the plates? Did they talk to you about this already? Thanks!

@bcs92, good luck tomorrow! Please report your delivery experience and build quality.

One quick question before pickup: Did you have a trade-in? If so, did they automatically transfer the plates? Did they talk to you about this already? Thanks!
I spoke with SA about transferring my plates. He asked me to send him photo of the plate , and said it will be done as part of trade-in.
But they are currently reevaluating my trade-in (requested new miles photo today) so we'll see.

So, if you have trade-in, may want to contact SA to let them know you want plates transferred.

I spoke with SA about transferring my plates. He asked me to send him photo of the plate , and said it will be done as part of trade-in.
But they are currently reevaluating my trade-in (requested new miles photo today) so we'll see.

So, if you have trade-in, may want to contact SA to let them know you want plates transferred.

I have a sale setup tomorrow with Carvana a few hours before my Tesla pickup. I spoke to my SA and she knows I want to transfer the tag. We are keeping the contract as trade-in until Carvana is driving away with my car. Any hiccup and I'll tell Carvana to take a hike and just trade to Tesla. Carvana offered $3500 more than Tesla though so even with the sales tax advantage of trading in its better with Carvana.

Reactions: Speedr117
Everything was great , in fact paint quality (to untrained eyes) was really good. No swirls or surface scratches.Checked both in sun and shade. Just those dust nibs which are closely located. Only I would know where to look for....so will be wet sanding it and touch it up.
I have heard good things about both the SC at Tampa (I think they are 2). So I think you should not worry like me :) Last night I was having nightmare getting a badly painted car
Did they do touchless delivery at the Jacksonville Center?

I picked mine up yesterday in Tampa. I was the only person taking delivery at that time and had plenty of time to nit pick. Other than a sticky rear hatch and a very minor passenger tail light misalignment, everything was perfect. The gaps on the car are all perfect and paint and interior is flawless. My SA said that some of the delivery centers are garbage and do zero QC and rely heavily on untrained temp employees. This is the second Tesla we've picked up from Tampa now and my experience continues to be great with them.

• Love
Reactions: ReggaeDragon
I picked mine up yesterday in Tampa. I was the only person taking delivery at that time and had plenty of time to nit pick. Other than a sticky rear hatch and a very minor passenger tail light misalignment, everything was perfect. The gaps on the car are all perfect and paint and interior is flawless. My SA said that some of the delivery centers are garbage and do zero QC and rely heavily on untrained temp employees. This is the second Tesla we've picked up from Tampa now and my experience continues to be great with them.

Here's hoping ours is the same as yours on Saturday! We picked up our Model S from them 2 1/2 years ago (back when it was on 301), and it was perfect as well. Fingers crossed!

Congrats, BTW! I assume you didn't see any other Model Y's there (if there were, they were probably in the parking garage).