Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody got a front lip installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been on the look out for front lips but either they look meh or too aggressive looking.

Thoughts on this lip that popped out recently?
Anybody got any installed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-231607.png
    Screenshot_20210617-231607.png
    3 MB · Views: 3,146
What do we know about any efficiency GAINS or LOSES?
Thinking about Front spoilers any gain would be stability at high speeds.
A front spoiler reduces the airflow under the car which lifts the car causing instability.
It can also reduce drag by cutting the amount of air that hits any protrusions under the car like, oil pan, tranny, rear differential, exhaust etc.
That is much more important on an ICE vehicle than a Tesla. A Tesla is pretty aerodynamic on the undercarriage.
It would be cool if some engineer put one in a windtunnel

Reactions: dudette
Can that be installed without lifting or jacking? And it looks wicked bad.
Good question. I had RPM do it. From their video install, it does look like they lift it. It’s pretty tight and you have to get a little under the bumper. I believe it can de done, just a bit cramped. Here is a side profile from this AM.
Thank you for the compliment. I was on the fence because I was doing for aesthetic and not performance. Day after and I am still happy.
683F19DE-9FBA-4D1B-ACCC-65001CEF4303.jpeg

Reactions: DJ DizzR and AquaY
Looks awesome. Think I will get one for my Blue MY
Good question. I had RPM do it. From their video install, it does look like they lift it. It’s pretty tight and you have to get a little under the bumper. I believe it can de done, just a bit cramped. Here is a side profile from this AM.
Thank you for the compliment. I was on the fence because I was doing for aesthetic and not performance. Day after and I am still happy.View attachment 675234
The profile looks even better than the front shot.
I like it.
I also like the black rims. I have a blue Y as well and think I'm going to copy yours. Rims and front spoiler. :)
Looks great

Thank you for the compliment. I was on the fence because I was doing for aesthetic and not performance. Day after and I am still happy.View attachment 675234
Looking good---is the splitter matte finish?