Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody got a front lip installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the matte black one for my dark grey MYLR. I already installed the eye brows and rear spoiler from RPM in matte black. I have a steep driveway with 4” of clearance at the steepest part. I was Leary of purchasing it for that reason but decided to go ahead and give it a try.

Here is mine. Fitment was solid. Actually surprised at how well it fit.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1640895980740.jpg
    FB_IMG_1640895980740.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 940
  • FB_IMG_1640895982728.jpg
    FB_IMG_1640895982728.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 871
  • 20211230_095437.jpg
    20211230_095437.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 854
Here is mine. Fitment was solid. Actually surprised at how well it fit.

I really like the look of the Ikon front lip, even though it's pricey but I would still pay for it to have on my car. Their shop is like 10 min from me too, but they never have that lip in stock for the Model Y. Plus, I've read some horror stories from other Tesla owners (on different forums or FB groups) who said they got a lip from Ikon and the quality was really crappy, but since I'm local I could just pick it up from them if they have it. Really don't want to go through their Ebay sellers.

I only have one picture right now.

Nice pic, as it looks good on a black car.

I saw this one a while back and considered buying it, but the vertical lines across the front makes it look a bit too busy for my tastes. Plus, I didn't like the 'matte carbon' weave they use as it's really fake looking compared real matte CF (bigger weave with no depth to it). I like the front of the other 3-piece front lip that a lot of people have out there, but I really hate how the side ends flip up with a wing-like extension.

My favorite so far would be either the Ikon or Maier Racing front lip, if that didn't stick out as far as it does.

I really like the look of the Ikon front lip, even though it's pricey but I would still pay for it to have on my car. Their shop is like 10 min from me too, but they never have that lip in stock for the Model Y. Plus, I've read some horror stories from other Tesla owners (on different forums or FB groups) who said they got a lip from Ikon and the quality was really crappy, but since I'm local I could just pick it up from them if they have it. Really don't want to go through their Ebay sellers.
yeah its the cleanest looking lip but don't like how it comes to a point with a curve on the bottom. If the centre section was a bit more beefy it would be a good lip for sure.