Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody got a front lip installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like this one is similar, not sure if it’s the same vendor.

yeah you can find them online everywhere. I bought it from Aliexpress from a trusted vendor. Its without markup on eBay so I'd rather go there.

Reactions: Simans82
Nice pic, as it looks good on a black car.

I saw this one a while back and considered buying it, but the vertical lines across the front makes it look a bit too busy for my tastes. Plus, I didn't like the 'matte carbon' weave they use as it's really fake looking compared real matte CF (bigger weave with no depth to it). I like the front of the other 3-piece front lip that a lot of people have out there, but I really hate how the side ends flip up with a wing-like extension.

My favorite so far would be either the Ikon or Maier Racing front lip, if that didn't stick out as far as it does.
yeah that's what I thought too, the vertical lines were a bit much. If they got rid of that then it would be golden. Yeah their matte carbon look isn't great but I like the matte look as it gives contrast with the glossy black and the matte plastic bits.

yeah that's what I thought too, the vertical lines were a bit much. If they got rid of that then it would be golden. Yeah their matte carbon look isn't great but I like the matte look as it gives contrast with the glossy black and the matte plastic bits.

I'm tempted on buying their 'gloss black' lip for $139 and sanding it down & spraying it satin black as a fun project, but it'll probably take more time than I want to spend on prepping it since there's a lot of grooves where the vertical lines are.

Wish they sold a matte black lip, but I'm only seeing the glossy black available.

GlossBLK_Lip.jpg

I'm tempted on buying their 'gloss black' lip for $139 and sanding it down & spraying it satin black as a fun project, but it'll probably take more time than I want to spend on prepping it since there's a lot of grooves where the vertical lines are.

Wish they sold a matte black lip, but I'm only seeing the glossy black available.

View attachment 754761
Haha that would be a fun side project. I would just fill it in then sand it smooth then paint. But yeah it doesn't look that nice when its glossy because it'll bring out the lines more, matte is the way to go.

This is in reference to the style of lip I ordered, but I was watching all of the various vendors closely for a few weeks before purchasing mine. They'd go from having four finish options down to one, and then they'd periodically offer the full line again about once a week. When the matte carbon print would disappear, it would reappear with "low stock". I held off and waited until it popped back up, and it was $40 less than when I saw it the week before. I'd say it was odd, but that seems par for the course with the vendors offering these.

This is in reference to the style of lip I ordered, but I was watching all of the various vendors closely for a few weeks before purchasing mine. They'd go from having four finish options down to one, and then they'd periodically offer the full line again about once a week. When the matte carbon print would disappear, it would reappear with "low stock". I held off and waited until it popped back up, and it was $40 less than when I saw it the week before. I'd say it was odd, but that seems par for the course with the vendors offering these.
yeah I had to go through a couple vendors at first and they told me they don't produce it anymore until one vendor went through and it was cheaper than the first ones I tried buying from.

Might be a dumb question how do I like your post? How the black paint holding?
The like button is on the bottom of each post.
The black paint is holding up good. Keep in mind I’ve only had it for 6 months. The splitter is very fragile and made of brittle plastic. If anything touches it on the road it will break into a thousand pieces. Thanks to filthy freeways in California road debris are very common. Ran into a paper bag full of clothes on 880 the first week installed. It did not go well for the spoiler, A replacement was ordered the next day.

Has anyone noticed a difference in their range after adding the lip?

We don't put enough miles on our Y to notice, but I'm sure there are others who track modifications and range closely.

Here's an updated pic with the fog surrounds. The mirror caps, fog surrounds, and lip were all extremely inexpensive. I did the hydro dipped matte carbon on all of these pieces, and although they pass the five foot rule, they definitely pale in comparison to true molded carbon pieces. It met my expectations considering the price though, and accomplished the look I was going for. Thanks to @TheTheocracy for the help and providing plenty of pictures of your setup!

51844162485_252832b3d4_o.jpg

Reactions: M|S|M MYP

I bought this lip from Amazon since they had a $20 off coupon, so it was $119. Decided to leave it gloss black and the install took less than 10 minutes.

Pretty easy to install the lip by yourself as you can do screw in one side at a time and just let the lip hang down (don't jack up the car too high). Just line up one side and put a screw in to hold it, then go to the other side and line it up and put a screw in, then do the same in the middle. From there, it's just matter of screwing in the rest of the tapping screws.

It looks pretty clean and subtle, and we'll see how long it'll last until my wife parks the car too close to the curb :p

TMY1.jpg

Front-Lip1.jpg

This is what was left of my front lip while traveling from the East Bay Area to Las Vegas a week ago. I stopped at the chargers in Yermo, CA when I noticed parts of it missing. Pretty sure I didn't hit anything. The quick jaunt to xxx might have something to do with it. I sent a picture to the wife and said don't bother ordering another one.
IMG_0081.jpg

This is what was left of my front lip while traveling from the East Bay Area to Las Vegas a week ago. I stopped at the chargers in Yermo, CA when I noticed parts of it missing. Pretty sure I didn't hit anything. The quick jaunt to xxx might have something to do with it. I sent a picture to the wife and said don't bother ordering another one.
View attachment 796677
ouch, probably at high speeds there's too much downforce on that type of lip. The reason why I don't really like the ones that have openings like what you have installed. Too much risk of it getting pulled down.