Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have a 2020 model x?

CrewKize

Oct 2, 2015
Austin, Tx
Anybody have a 2020 model x? I’m asking because I Ordered on October 9 was told 4-6 weeks then I got a delivery date was the 22nd. During which I found out I was getting a 2020 that was built October/19. Anybody else have a 2020?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and gaswalla

Uncle Paul

Nov 1, 2013
Canyon Lake,CA
At EOY Tesla sometimes begins to roll out next year model Numbers. Not a precise thing as to the exact date the Model #202o will roll off the line.
Not a big deal in TeslaVille.

CrewKize

Oct 2, 2015
Austin, Tx
4E3D9D35-6833-406E-8C4B-7F9B9BC7AAE2.jpeg
Tesla donot have any 2020 models yet, they go by the year they are make. 2019 is 2019... Not 2020

insurance couldn’t find it as a 19 and then I saw this doc.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
They had started switching to the next year VINs in December, but maybe they are rolling that back further to October now?

There isn't neccesarily a rhyme or reason.

I have a 2016 Sept build. A 2017 Oct build. And a 2016 Nov build. All built in the same year.

CrewKize

Oct 2, 2015
Austin, Tx
Which dashboard did you get the black or white?
I have the 6 seater white with the full black Dash, they said they do full black when they do carbon fiber. I didn’t expect deliver yet, they are fixing a few things.

Attachments

• F33C6D3E-819A-4573-9DC2-C9B5FDEC05FC.jpeg
    F33C6D3E-819A-4573-9DC2-C9B5FDEC05FC.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 52

mal_tsla

Sep 29, 2016
Austin, TX
I have the 6 seater white with the full black Dash, they said they do full black when they do carbon fiber. I didn’t expect deliver yet, they are fixing a few things.

They just told you that to get out of swapping the trim pieces to white. You can submit a service request via the app, show them the photo from the order page and the photo of your car and tell them to fix it.

479AD72F-7B5E-438C-8391-78A1A12391BB.jpeg

CrewKize

Oct 2, 2015
Austin, Tx
They just told you that to get out of swapping the trim pieces to white. You can submit a service request via the app, show them the photo from the order page and the photo of your car and tell them to fix it.

View attachment 469809
Oh I know. This isn’t my first Tesla been playing the game for over 4 years now. Really in this case it works out. I didn’t want the white lower on the dash so mistake or not, its how I prefer it.

Reactions: mal_tsla

Deece

Aug 20, 2019
Canberra

Gah! I just took delivery of our X a couple of weeks ago, white with carbon fibre, and I have black trim on the doors & dash. Will have to chase it up.

• Funny
Reactions: MadChemist

hamebone

Jan 8, 2012

May I ask what kind of things are getting fixed so I can keep a look out. And I hope I get the white dashboard.

CrewKize

Oct 2, 2015
Austin, Tx
May I ask what kind of things are getting fixed so I can keep a look out. And I hope I get the white dashboard.

Back bumper and falcon door jams paint was very thin and Few paint issues on front bumper. falcon doors and trunk needed adjustment. Really pretty normal stuff. This is my 4th time with Tesla and seems my 2015 s has had the best built quality to date. Is what it is. Saw and e-tron earlier that day and the fit and finish was wonderful but I’m still gonna take a not perfect Tesla over anything else. Just way it is. Building cars is hard. Anyways

if what they said is at all true you should have a white lower If your gettin a Long range without a carbon fiber option. Just talk nice to your deliver person and service they will take care of you. At the end of the day I wouldn’t want there Job.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC