Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have a Front Lip spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is one guy in the "show off a pic of your car now" thread that has one. Looks to be the Ikon one, not the RPM variant. Also, check eBay as there are many sellers offering slightly better pricing than RPM for the exact same one. The Ikon hangs low off the front lip while the RPM one seemingly just wraps around the existing bottom lip. I really want one as well but would love to see more examples myself. Specifically a black car with one on!

There is one guy in the "show off a pic of your car now" thread that has one. Looks to be the Ikon one, not the RPM variant. Also, check eBay as there are many sellers offering slightly better pricing than RPM for the exact same one. The Ikon hangs low off the front lip while the RPM one seemingly just wraps around the existing bottom lip. I really want one as well but would love to see more examples myself. Specifically a black car with one on!

I’m going to pull the trigger on one soon. Probably the ikon version

I’ve asked that poster how the install/fitment was and didn’t get an answer. If you get it...post a review. From what I gather of a very limited review I could find....it doesn’t come with instructions or mounting hardware. Instructions I don’t care about nor the lack of any double sided tape. But if it requires screws/bolts....which from the pics it looks like it does....at least provide those.

lip.jpg

I have the RPM Tesla lip. It looks great but the fitment is mediocre. It comes up about 1/8" short on one side. Not really noticeable unless you look up close. I'm not sure if it's due to manufacturing or installation. The main reasons I went with RPM's lip is because they offered it in matte and installation was free. Also, it's about $100 or so cheaper than other sellers. It wouldn't surprise me if other sellers have fitment issues as well since most (all?) of them are made in China.

More pics from different angles here:
Check Me Out!

Attachments

• lip.jpg
    lip.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 757
Reactions: anti and Rothgarr
Looks nice.

I think on darker cars the RPM one looks OK. On lighter cars I think the IKON is the way to go. For example, on a white Tesla, the RPM would cover up the bottom white lip which could actually make it look like the car is higher off the ground than it is.

I'm curious what the ground clearance difference is before and after with the IKON one.

Reactions: hydro 481
Looks nice.

I think on darker cars the RPM one looks OK. On lighter cars I think the IKON is the way to go. For example, on a white Tesla, the RPM would cover up the bottom white lip which could actually make it look like the car is higher off the ground than it is.

I'm curious what the ground clearance difference is before and after with the IKON one.
That was another reason I went with the RPM style lip. I actually liked that it doesn't reduce ground clearance by much. The IKON looks good and the fitment is probably better but if your car is already lowered and you add the lip, it could become rather impractical to drive. The IKON lip probably reduces clearance by 2 or 3 inches.

Here's a pic of one on a white car. I think it nice if you are going for that stormtrooper look.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Rothgarr
Wonder if the IKON is lower than the Vorsteiner. I don’t plan on lowering and the stock front is on the higher side...so I’m looking for something that is 1-2” lower, CF and preferably matte.

View attachment 436878

I have the RPM Tesla lip. It looks great but the fitment is mediocre. It comes up about 1/8" short on one side. Not really noticeable unless you look up close. I'm not sure if it's due to manufacturing or installation. The main reasons I went with RPM's lip is because they offered it in matte and installation was free. Also, it's about $100 or so cheaper than other sellers. It wouldn't surprise me if other sellers have fitment issues as well since most (all?) of them are made in China.

More pics from different angles here:
Check Me Out!

Wow looks good. How did you did you cut the underline out of the dual motor badge to fit the P3D? Can you post a closer up pic?

Looks nice.

I was thinking the exact same thing!