Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have a Front Lip spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Maier Racing version. Here are some pix:

IMG_0069.jpeg
IMG_0072.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0485.jpeg

I was also considering the UP lip in this video. But it doesn't come in carbon fiber, just plain black.

That's because they make the spoiler out of a very tough plastic, i got to step on one of these in their shop and it was totally fine.

The idea is that these spoilers are likely going to hit stuff during their life and if you go with carbon it will be way more brittle/likely to be damaged when something hits it. Carbon is cooler and looks better for sure (and i hate carbon wraps on plastic, personally), but this is one add-on where i think not using carbon really makes sense.

Save some $$$ to spend on a carbon rear bumper instead ;)

Well your badge isn't authentic in the first place.. haha. I was just curious cause if somebody who was new to Tesla saw your badged and googled "Tesla P3D" there's many forum post about P3D- vs P3D+ they might get confused which one yours is
Well...if Tesla actually included a Performance badge for the Model 3 (which they should've), then it wouldn't have the +/- at the end! :D

Does that boost range at least 10%? :D

View attachment 436878

I have the RPM Tesla lip. It looks great but the fitment is mediocre. It comes up about 1/8" short on one side. Not really noticeable unless you look up close. I'm not sure if it's due to manufacturing or installation. The main reasons I went with RPM's lip is because they offered it in matte and installation was free. Also, it's about $100 or so cheaper than other sellers. It wouldn't surprise me if other sellers have fitment issues as well since most (all?) of them are made in China.

More pics from different angles here:
Check Me Out!

Any difference on range that you can share?

It wouldn't surprise me if other sellers have fitment issues as well since most (all?) of them are made in China
Check Me Out!

Got mine before RPM started selling them. Pretty sure it’s from the same factory. Short about 1/8” on each side which is really noticeable with white. 0DD46B4F-6998-467F-B7B5-524983FB22FD.jpeg I actually installed some carbon fiber vinyl at the edge of each wheel well so that you can’t see any white paint.

Attachments

• A9E7D8E9-DFE3-4F9B-A7BF-CEF8C73DA6DA.jpeg
    A9E7D8E9-DFE3-4F9B-A7BF-CEF8C73DA6DA.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 794
Reactions: hydro 481