Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have a Front Lip spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hydro 481 Yup, that's how it should be done. It should lower the look of the car. Not cover up existing panels.

I had previously looked into the Vorsteiner package but it's just too damn expensive. The IKON front lip spoiler seems reasonable, though.
I respect your opinion but modding cars is completely subjective. You can't say that your way is the only way. You see it as "cover up panels" but I see it as giving the car a two-tone look ;)

Yeah, I saw a guy with the Ikon one at a super charger. I was not impressed... it just made the front of the car look a bit clunky to me. It certainly didn't match the rest of the car - maybe with the whole package (rear diffuser) it looks a bit more balanced? I'm still waiting for other options to come into the market as none seem to match what I'm looking for personally.

Reactions: hydro 481
In the mean time while we're waiting for some pics from IKON.. anyone thinking about getting a rear diffuser? I think it looks badass

The one I've considered is RPMTesla, but I'm not sure yet. It's the cheapest one I've found, but it is still pretty expensive. Tsportline, is a CF replacement, but is essentially invisible for $800 (Could get a very similar effect with just vinyl). I do want one though.

It's great to have access to so many options out there. For me, I prefer subtle looks, use of factory locations for mounting, and functional aerodynamic benefit. The UP lip meets these requirements for me. I also like the fact its not CF and is built of polymer so more durable since it's a bit of a vulnerable spot.

Reactions: bcpm3p
Yeah, I saw a guy with the Ikon one at a super charger. I was not impressed... it just made the front of the car look a bit clunky to me. It certainly didn't match the rest of the car - maybe with the whole package (rear diffuser) it looks a bit more balanced? I'm still waiting for other options to come into the market as none seem to match what I'm looking for personally.
Well It depends, was his a P3D+ or did he have the 18’ wheels?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.22.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.22.01 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,240
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.22.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.22.09 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 965
That was another reason I went with the RPM style lip. I actually liked that it doesn't reduce ground clearance by much. The IKON looks good and the fitment is probably better but if your car is already lowered and you add the lip, it could become rather impractical to drive. The IKON lip probably reduces clearance by 2 or 3 inches.

Here's a pic of one on a white car. I think it nice if you are going for that stormtrooper look.
s-l1600.jpg
I just got this in last weekend and it looks great, just like what is pictured here. But during the dry fit but both sides come up about an 1/8" short! I have not completed the mount/install yet. Contemplating on how I'm going to address the small white gaps on either side. Thinking of using the leftover black vinal wrap that I have from my chrome delete I did to cover up the white edges. Will take and post pictures when it finally gets installed.

I just got this in last weekend and it looks great, just like what is pictured here. But during the dry fit but both sides come up about an 1/8" short! I have not completed the mount/install yet. Contemplating on how I'm going to address the small white gaps on either side. Thinking of using the leftover black vinal wrap that I have from my chrome delete I did to cover up the white edges. Will take and post pictures when it finally gets installed.

The main reason for the lip being short is they forgot to account for the spacing of the double stick tap. I tested fitted mine without tape and it looked good. As soon as I added the tape, I came up short on both sides. I was debating on doing a black wrap but ended up doing plastidip after I installed it.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
Someone posted in this thread that they used carbon fiber vinyl wrap to cover the gap.

Here's my install and critique.
Look - 5/5, just what I was looking for.
Ease of install - 4/5, no instructions.
Fit - 2/5, end came up short on the ends. Used leftover black vinal to cover the white edge that showed through. Considering additional vinal below the lip.
Finish - 5/5, love the gloss finish as it matches the rear spoiller.
Overall happiness - 4/5

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_162820.jpg
    IMG_20191104_162820.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_20191104_162900.jpg
    IMG_20191104_162900.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_20191104_162925.jpg
    IMG_20191104_162925.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_20191104_162934.jpg