Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have an X on order for the U.K.?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’ve done some googling and searching, nothing immediate was useful. Maybe just because nobody knows anything.
Does anybody here in the U.K. have an idea how many months/ years the Model X is from arriving on these shores?
My M3 goes back next December and all of a sudden that’s not long in car terms - 64 weeks!!
Has anybody got one on order in the U.K.?
Interested to hear.
Cheers.

I was in the Leeds SC last week as my car was in for it's 2 year service. There was a guy asking one of the staff about lead times for new Model X and S and the Tesla Employee didn't have a clue, he was suggesting possible 2nd half of 2023. I know it doesn't answer your question, but thought I would highlight even Tesla UK staff appear to not have a scooby about current lead times for the new X/S.

There's a few used on the tesla website. Saw one in Edinburgh a few weeks back. Beautiful car. Was very tempted but Mrs. McChimp didn't like it and the my daughter's threatened to disown me if I ever picked them up in a car with gull wing doors 🤣

As long as the next car does a - I quote “tummy flip” when it goes fast then my two kids are content. So they say anyway!
I’ve read enough tales to not fancy a used one, and our M3LR is with us for 60 odd (I think) more weeks.
Tested a Taycan but was a little underwhelmed.
Back to the drawing board.

As long as the next car does a - I quote “tummy flip” when it goes fast then my two kids are content. So they say anyway!
I’ve read enough tales to not fancy a used one, and our M3LR is with us for 60 odd (I think) more weeks.
Tested a Taycan but was a little underwhelmed.
Back to the drawing board.
Yeah. Tbh. On the one in Edinburgh I spotted some paint bubbling under the wing mirror. Would definitely want that sorted.

I think I like the X for the doors. All feels a bit knight rider-ey

Hi,

I’ve done some googling and searching, nothing immediate was useful. Maybe just because nobody knows anything.
Does anybody here in the U.K. have an idea how many months/ years the Model X is from arriving on these shores?
My M3 goes back next December and all of a sudden that’s not long in car terms - 64 weeks!!
Has anybody got one on order in the U.K.?
Interested to hear.
Cheers.
I suppose you are aware, new S and X cars will be from the new Palladium platform. Rumours of LHD S arrivals for Europe end of this year, RHD UK cars late 2023. X will follow the S.
I have a new S on order since Jan 2021.

We usually get cars between 6 and 12 months behind LHD Europe, call it 9 months, but as none have turned up yet you can fairly sure it's at the very earliest Q3 next year. MX also lags MS, and as 12Pack says there is a rumour of MS in Q4, whether LHD MX turn up as well is unknown but that could be another quarter. Finally, have you already got an order in? If not, then you are also behind the existing orders which could add another quarter or 2. If I was a betting man I'd say a new order today for an MX isn't going to arrive until 2024.

But have a read of what some of the US owners are finding. The car is also largely the same as the one that launched in 2015/16, there have of course been updates, but it's not "all new", even the battery cell design is the same as the old version and not using the bigger cells in the M3 and MY, nor the new 4680 battery cells Tesla keep talking up. That might not bother you, but I worry that a £100k+ car in 2024 could start to be behind the competition at that price point.

Thanks all. Very helpful. Not ordered anything.
Only got current M3LR Dec 21. Currently doing some tyrekicking, but quite fancy the MX. Not withstanding the issues mentioned above.
Which may/ may not be resolved in the next 18 months!!

That might not bother you, but I worry that a £100k+ car in 2024 could start to be behind the competition at that price point.

There is literally no other car (let alone people carrier) that has the 'drama' of the X.

Practicality a Y offers pretty much the same utitly as a X, but its just a bit boring compared to the FWDs, massive windscreen, central asile.

Musk called the X a faberge egg, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla cut the X from production at any point, as sales/revenue from the X makes zero impact on Tesla as a company these days......it took Tesla 3.5 years to sort out all the problems that was present in ours at hand over day, and looking at US X forums the new Xs aren't any better built!! The issues appear to steam from the fact the X is still largely human built due to complexity, so variation in factory build quality is something that's not going to go away.

But regardless of awful reliability, I tried to do some work earlier this week whilst waiting for my daughters after school club to finish, but it was so comfy in the back (3rd row seats is comfier than the 2nd row captains chairs) I just fell asleep!

I hope Tesla do keep going with the X, t's the only car I've owned that I would seriously consider buying again.

52344540561_85acc7acc9_c_d.jpg

Last edited: