Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cdub715

Feb 10, 2021
Huntington Beach
I'm in the market to upgrade the rotors on my TM3 AWD LR. Through my research on these forums, there seems to be only 4 main options discussed on these forums: MPP, RB, AP, and UP. Paragon Brakes is the only company not discussed here so I wanted to poke around and see if anyone has had experience with their products, or even better, how they stack up against the other rotor/brake vendors.

Pricing-wise, they are right on par with MPP's 365mm BBK offering (actually cheaper) priced at ~$1,200 shipped after tax. I might be wrong on this but I think Paragon white-labels Alcon rotors just like how MPP with Girodisc. Spec-wise, they are almost identical - MPP rotors weighs in at 17.68lbs with bracket, Paragon weighs in at 17.2lbs + 0.97lbs bracket. MPP rotor is 26mm thick while the Paragons are 25mm. Paragon is also offering a 15% discount if you purchase the front and rears (350mm and 370mm options) together costing around ~$2,100 for all 4 rotors versus ~$2,500 from MPP. Since I daily my car with the occasional track day, I doubt i'd be able to feel the performance difference between the brands of rotors. Can anyone chime in with their experience? TIA

1633978056253.png

1633978089079.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC