Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have pic of new carbon fibre matte spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reposting from other thread. I have a black car so now I know what it looks like. IMO it is UGLY. I am *NOT* putting this on my P85 as it stands. For a $100k car this looks ridiculous. When i get mine I will be taking mine to an auto body shop to see if there is anything they can do to repaint it to be high gloss black to match the car. If that is not possible, then I will be selling it.

image.jpg

I think its just frame of reference and taste. Like glossy or flat paint... Matte is actually the "in" finish right now as far as I can tell. As far as matte being on a $100k car, well I've seen it on million dollar racing cars, Porsches, etc. If it makes you feel better, I don't think its any cheaper to produce than glossy cf. It also matches the matte cf interior trim. Having said that, on a glossy black car I can see how you may not like the contrast of finish. But, there are plenty of people doing cf matte wraps with a lot of the trim on the exterior of the black cars as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes i understand there are a few doing CF aftermarket mods. In those cases, I can see how it will fit with the look. But being that the factroy MS has no exterior CF accents, it just doesn't look right at all. Also, the other reason that I don't like CF is because CF inherently has a fading problem in the sun and requires ridiculous amount of care to prevent it. This is common with CF. I'd rather not deal with that. Here's a photo I found on the net (probably from the good of a Honda I think) of what happens to CF if not cared for (CF requires lots of high maintenance to prevent something like this):

image.jpg

Also, the other reason that I don't like CF is because CF inherently has a fading problem in the sun and requires ridiculous amount of care to prevent it. This is common with CF. I'd rather not deal with that. Here's a photo I found on the net (probably from the good of a Honda I think) of what happens to CF if not cared for (CF requires lots of high maintenance to prevent something like this):

Not all carbon fiber is equal. The stuff you see on Civics is probably the cheapest of the cheap. There are plenty of high quality resins that are UV resistant and won't yellow and peel.

Reposting from other thread. I have a black car so now I know what it looks like. IMO it is UGLY. I am *NOT* putting this on my P85 as it stands. For a $100k car this looks ridiculous. When i get mine I will be taking mine to an auto body shop to see if there is anything they can do to repaint it to be high gloss black to match the car. If that is not possible, then I will be selling it.

View attachment 21533

I took that pic.

i thought it looked great, but I ordered a 60, so won't be getting one. If you end up with matte, let me know -- I'd be happy to take it off your hands...

View attachment 21533

Demand that Tesla give you a Gloss spoiler. Thats what you thought you were getting and that's what you should get. Especially for 100k

- - - Updated - - -

Still would like to see a pic taken farther away just so I can seem more of the car with spoiler. It doesnt look too bad in matte.

a CF spoiler would have made more sense if Tesla stuck with their original P85 plans to provide CF accents, which I believe includes some things on the front front and rear valance. I found another pic on the net of someone that did an aftermarket CF finish on the rear valance which is what was originally planned for the P85. If they stuck with this a CF spoiler would match. I'm guessing they switched to matte to match the grey rear valance more.

CFValence_zps7ce22860.jpg