Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody heard this noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

We have a new model x with less than 2k miles on it. When accelerating or stopping - there is a cream or knocking coming from passenger door/dash area. Service center had for a week and can’t figure it out. Anyone else heard this noise? Driving us nuts.

Is it louder if your windows are open, and there's a wall nearby to echo the sound off of? Sounds similar to a noise I heard, but I could only hear mine with the windows open. The SC said the axle nuts needed grease.

Is it louder if your windows are open, and there's a wall nearby to echo the sound off of? Sounds similar to a noise I heard, but I could only hear mine with the windows open. The SC said the axle nuts needed grease.
It’s not louder with the windows down. They want to take the dash apart to see what might be in there. Concerned with them doing that and making more rattles. I don’t think it’s something loose as it happens when the car is speeding up or slowing down and not on bumpy roads.

Is it normal for Tesla’s to have these kinds of sounds? It’s our first and coming out of higher end German brands.

I occasionally get a similar sound, turns out mine is something inside the passenger side visor. It does not happen all the time. Re-seating the visor (stored position), clears it for me. Happens relatively infrequently.

Have an appointment tuesday to get it fixed. On mine the sound way way more apparent when I let go of the accelerator. Mobile tech said they had diagnosed it on another X after multiple hours of trying to figure it out. He said he needed to order an epoxy kit!!!

that being said the noise completely went away a couple days ago so I might hold off on them taking things apart.

Have an appointment tuesday to get it fixed. On mine the sound way way more apparent when I let go of the accelerator. Mobile tech said they had diagnosed it on another X after multiple hours of trying to figure it out. He said he needed to order an epoxy kit!!!

that being said the noise completely went away a couple days ago so I might hold off on them taking things apart.

I had the same sound no one could figure out until I got the right mobile guy....front fender rubbing on the door...adjusted the fender and sound was gone. It was an intermittent noise seemed related to temperature. Fender adjusted no sound!!!