Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody here wash their cars with whole house filtered water? If so which brand?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market for a Tesla and a whole house water filter. Would like your thoughts if it makes a difference when you wash your car. I'm leaning towards Lifesource but lots of web research says it just gets rid of chlorine and is over hyped. Any thoughts?

I ended up going with aquasana. Mostly because i don't like the idea of holding onto a water filter for that long (10+ years).
I'd rather replace it after three, and the price is about equal.

If you're using city water it won't matter what you use for a filter. Only well water has the minerals that will leave water spots, and only if you don't do a good job of drying it typically.

Can't speak for that one specifically, but I can say I do like the aquasana, though I need a filter because we have well water.

If you're using city water it won't matter what you use for a filter. Only well water has the minerals that will leave water spots, and only if you don't do a good job of drying it typically.

My city water has Total Dissolved Solids of 193 PPM and that leaves water spots. I purchased the following product which takes the TDS to zero for many washings. Eventually you have to replace the deionizer.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/portable+water+deionizer.do?code=FROOGLE&gclid=CIvMir3J6roCFaQ9QgodsE0AFg