TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anybody know exactly where is supercharger location in Albuquerque?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by 0carbon, Apr 13, 2013.

1. 0carbon

0carbon New Member

Would like to pay a visit :)

2. hvb

hvb Member

I don't believe there are any superchargers outside of California and the East Coast. Keep praying.

3. huntjo

huntjo Member

Also I doubt they'd put the supercharger IN ABQ. More likely halfway between ABQ surrounding cities. For example, Las Cruces might be a good spot, then Gallup out west, and maybe Taos or something parallel to Taos along I25

4. 0carbon

0carbon New Member

5. huntjo

huntjo Member

#5 huntjo, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Those dots are not intended to be exact locations, but rather representative of a general region/ number that will be across the country

Of course I have no idea what their specific plans are, and maybe ABQ actually is their halfway point between other points. But I doubt it.

6. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

#6 wycolo, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Front Range - northern Colorado:

Has anyone compiled a current list of chargers? Especially ones over 6kw, i.e. actually useful for Teslas??

I always imagined Boulder to be a charging Nirvana, what with that 1/2 mill$ federal grant & an EV friendly populace. Turns out not to be the case; they took the money & ran, leaving an anti-EV situation in place. Observe their current web page.

So we are left with:

1. Tesla Store @ Park Meadows Mall - 24 hours (reportedly)
    2. Tesla Shop @ E.Evans & Monaco Pkwy

Any other favorites?

For Ft. Collins there are only two: Nissan Dealer & New Belgium Brewery (both 6kw). :frown:

Silverthorne/Dillon/Breckenridge cries out for an EVSE (of any size!!). If anyone has established contacts here I have a new 50A Clipper Ck to contribute. No, Vail CO does not count since it is not a 'public' EVSE and is also way out of the way, except for I-70 Utah bound traffic.
    --

7. huntjo

huntjo Member

Here in Fort Collins there is a Chademo charger at the Discovery Museum - of course we haven't got an adapter for those yet. You could come by my house and used my NEMA 14-50. I haven't yet decided if I'd like to purchase a HPWC.

Cottonwood RV park outside Idaho Springs just off of I-70 has 50amp service and has told me they will let EV's charge there based on the amount of kwh siphoned. I haven't used it yet to confirm.

I believe there is a Nissan dealer in Colorado Springs, but I'm not positive on that or whether they allow non-Nissan charging.