TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anybody live near Redding/Shingletown, CA?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DaveD, Apr 11, 2010.

1. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

I'm in touch through email with a Tesla owner friend who's at a KOA east of Shingletown with a inoperative 240V mobile connector, but can slowly recharge with 120V. Anyone live near there that can drive to him and give him some assistance?

2. tomsax

tomsax Member

The owner was able to resolve the problem and got back on the road. I'm guessing we'll get a nice trip report when he's done with the adventure, so I won't spoil anything.

3. Tdave

Tdave Member

Tesla has free roadside assistance for a period of time, don't they?

4. tomsax

tomsax Member

That's correct, but from what I've heard, that means they will dispatch a tow truck to you. It's not Tesla field service, just an EV-ignorant driver and a truck who can tow you to safety and maybe an outlet.

5. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

That defines roadside assistance. When you have a __Insert Brand Name Here__ and you call Roadside Assistance...it is not a BMW, Mercedes, Audi or Jaguar Technician that comes to you when you call the roadside assistance number....Tesla is no different.

Everyone should stop expecting the unexpected...they are a manufacturer. Understand that they are limited if the scope of things thy can provide...in some ways more than other MFGRs. COST being issue 1.

6. tomsax

tomsax Member

Who is the "everyone" you're referring to?