Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody manage to get $1000 Plaid+ order fee refunded?

320x240

Oct 16, 2016
Orange, CA
9/23/2020 Ordered Plaid+, $1000 order fee charged
1/28/2021 Plaid was announced as coming well before Plaid+, so I ordered one to use for a year. $100 order fee charged

At this point I was totally ok with the 2 order fees. I planned on taking delivery of both cars. All good so far.

June 2021, Plaid+ is announced as being cancelled, and apparently my Plaid+ order automatically got converted to Plaid. Now I have 2 of the exact same car on order. That makes no sense - In my scenario I'd expect my plaid+ to get cancelled since they aren't going to be manufacturing it (presumably). After talking to somebody at the delivery center, they say they can't refund the $1000. What the heck?

I know I'm not the only one on here fighting this fight as I see it pop up deep in a few different threads. What I am interested in is who has won this battle, and who did you need to talk to? My last 7 calls to Tesla have just got me to voicemail.

Jon

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I couldnt cancel it on the website. It said “non refundable” which does not agree with the original contract.

I contacted a local sales rep and she said I will get the refund. She had to enter notes that the original contract said refundable.

This was just yesterday, but she said it should show up on my card in 3 business days. And if not, let her know.

Wingsy

Apr 30, 2019
Mocksville, NC
I ordered a Plaid last fall. Changed it to Plaid+ when that became available. After the announcement that the + was cancelled I was told to order again for the Plaid, which I did. I kept my order active for the +. Eventually my order for the + disappeared from my account, with no notice. I've texted my account rep on several occasions about my $100 deposit and my texts have been ignored.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC