Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody manage to get $1000 Plaid+ order fee refunded?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9/23/2020 Ordered Plaid+, $1000 order fee charged
1/28/2021 Plaid was announced as coming well before Plaid+, so I ordered one to use for a year. $100 order fee charged

At this point I was totally ok with the 2 order fees. I planned on taking delivery of both cars. All good so far.

June 2021, Plaid+ is announced as being cancelled, and apparently my Plaid+ order automatically got converted to Plaid. Now I have 2 of the exact same car on order. That makes no sense - In my scenario I'd expect my plaid+ to get cancelled since they aren't going to be manufacturing it (presumably). After talking to somebody at the delivery center, they say they can't refund the $1000. What the heck?

I know I'm not the only one on here fighting this fight as I see it pop up deep in a few different threads. What I am interested in is who has won this battle, and who did you need to talk to? My last 7 calls to Tesla have just got me to voicemail.

Jon

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I got a notification that mine was refunded.

Your Model S Order Has Been Cancelled​

Vehicle

Model S​

Reservation Number

RN11397XXXXX​

Cancellation Request Date

06/24/2021​

Refund Total
Payment 06/24/2021$1,000.00
Total$1,000.00

I couldnt cancel it on the website. It said “non refundable” which does not agree with the original contract.

I contacted a local sales rep and she said I will get the refund. She had to enter notes that the original contract said refundable.

This was just yesterday, but she said it should show up on my card in 3 business days. And if not, let her know.

I ordered a Plaid last fall. Changed it to Plaid+ when that became available. After the announcement that the + was cancelled I was told to order again for the Plaid, which I did. I kept my order active for the +. Eventually my order for the + disappeared from my account, with no notice. I've texted my account rep on several occasions about my $100 deposit and my texts have been ignored.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert