Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody noticing phone as key not working as reliably lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like there’s been a few occasions lately the door hasn’t unlocked when I tried to open it and I had to get the phone out of my pocket and wave it around before it unlocks.

My wife has had to use the key card a few times too.

We’ve had the same phones, so it shouldn’t be because of that...

Just wondering if others are seeing the same issue. I wonder if it’s software update related.

Been lots of threads on this. For iPhones usually goes back to iOS 13. Best fix is remove phone from car, remove app, download app, re-pair.

We have no issues on two cars, four phones (last years and this years). (If this isn’t iPhone, sorry, but there are lots of threads on android fixed, google them).

Is there a 2020 update to this thread? Our iPhones are not usually working to unlock the door until we take the phone from our pocket and call up the Tesla app. and sometimes that does not even work. ?? Any new suggestions on this issue?
My wife brought up that if she in an emergency needs to jump in the car quickly, it is not possible now.

Reactions: Siciliano
Thankfully this only happens once in the blue, but it actually just happened to me again yesterday. It's embarrassing to walk up to the car and try to open the door with no success - it looks like I'm trying to steal it. lol

The headlights flash once and it triggers a sentry event. I had to take my phone out of my pocket, open the app and tap unlock... :mad:

I'm also wondering why it doesn't trigger the alarm?? Yes, that would be even more embarrassing, but if someone were trying to open my door I would want the alarm to go off!