Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anybody on the inside know if Tesla factory has 85kw batteries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what? Warranty replacement?

Last I heard Tesla was replacing 85 packs with 90 packs and then rebadging the cars as 90s

yes, battery pack died.

i sent an email to SC asking if packs are onsite or if they had to be ordered. I was curious how long I would be without my car.

Tesla service advisor sends this reply:

Hello

We will replace the pack, with a working one from the factory, legally we cannot comment on more details then that.

I will continue the current warranty, NOT restart a new one.

Thank you, we will our best to get it done ASAP please keep in mind shipping delays

Thank you , we will update you as soon as we have more info

Reactions: Akikiki
Yep, good answer from the SC.

You will wind up with a much newer refurbished battery. It will charge higher than your 85. They may or may not lock it to 85, but unlikely. Let us know how it went. But you will not be unhappy.

You’ve made a lot of posts on this issue. We get it. I’m sure Tesla will get you up and running as soon as they can.

More posts aren’t going to make anything happen any quicker.
let's hope so!!
b4 they created booking service requests through the app, I used to have to send 5 or 6 emails to SC.....then wait 2-3 weeks for a reply to tell me they could book be in for service 4 weeks later.

i almost needee to hire an assistant to deal with Tesla related issues.

so for a big issue like battery pack replacement, i gotta say I'm a lil worried this could take incompetent individuals months to coordinate.......

wicked awesome car though!!!

enployees.....urghhhh.....Elon gets what he pays for.(ever Google Tesla salaries) looks like Elon pays McWages

i feel like most of the main dudes at the SC are castaways from other car dealerships....like the biggest duds who couldn't make it

• Funny
Reactions: alcibiades
Yep, good answer from the SC.

You will wind up with a much newer refurbished battery. It will charge higher than your 85. They may or may not lock it to 85, but unlikely. Let us know how it went. But you will not be unhappy.

i want to be happy again - acceleration in a Tesla is like rollercoaster smooth!!!

dealing with Tesla--- the opposite of smooth baby

Why wouldn't you have them do that at the same time as the battery pack?
that's a great question!
now just remember this is Tesla....not BMW or Mercedes or Porsche......
when I asked them to do all repairs, they ssid nope.
they'll just do the battery pack and my SC can do the rest.
woooot wooot - I'm sure one day Tesla service will improve.
right now it's a freakin circus side show.

Why wouldn't you have them do that at the same time as the battery pack?

so now the whining drivetrain will wait until my Tesla comes home....wouldn't want the other SC to take a few mins and inspect it.
but again.....if they find out the drivetrain is toast in a few weeks--- will that be in stock? prolly not I'm guessing
also the 2 displays that have bubbles that will need replacing. I'll take a stab in the dark here.....prolly not a part they stock.

Tesla service is run by employees that can't get employment elsewhere.
it's quite disgusting--- trying to talk to them is like talking to special needs children.

Thank you for reaching out to Montreal service, we cannot add the additional tasks to your repair order, as we are not prepped for this nor are parts Available in our inventory , we will do the battery pack as Ottawa service is not able to, the rest of the repair will be done with Ottawa Service center.

Thank you for your understanding

I just went through the same process. Mine refurbished battery was software locked at 90%. Took 3 months to convince them. It's a crap shoot compared to the early days when we sipped champagne with the rangers. Get ready for 50KW charging speeds.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
I just went through the same process. Mine refurbished battery was software locked at 90%. Took 3 months to convince them. It's a crap shoot compared to the early days when we sipped champagne with the rangers. Get ready for 50KW charging speeds.

ahhhh man- I'm so sick of the games

employees throwing each other under the bus
Teamwork at it's finest

Attachments

• 20191029_210435.jpg
    20191029_210435.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 85