Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody receive the camera upgrade required for FSD in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody received the camera upgraded that is required for FSD beta? This is an upgrade for all Teslas that have the FSD package done at no charge by Tesla. Recently I upgraded to MCU2 and almost immediately received an invitation for the safety score program which I did. However, I am not sure that it is worthwhile pursuing the safety score since without the camera upgrade, no FSD beta is possible. The Service Center said they have no inventory and provided no timeline. It seems pointless to be pursing a safety score if Tesla isn't able to supply the upgraded cameras.

will my 2018 model 3 need camera upgrade? It was upgraded to HW3 in 2020.
Per Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

If you have purchased Full Self-Driving Capability and have early production cameras on your Model S or Model X vehicle built prior to September 2017, you are eligible to receive complimentary camera replacements. Only the early production cameras will be replaced with cameras with a different type of color sensor. Camera replacements are not needed on Model 3 vehicles.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Per Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

If you have purchased Full Self-Driving Capability and have early production cameras on your Model S or Model X vehicle built prior to September 2017, you are eligible to receive complimentary camera replacements. Only the early production cameras will be replaced with cameras with a different type of color sensor. Camera replacements are not needed on Model 3 vehicles.
Thanks for this. I have to research more from Tesla. I didn't realize how much info they make available.

Reactions: Shaz
Something I saw on Twitter with Elon commenting on Camera upgrades:

1664055876734.png

Not holding my breath with the claim it will be available next month (probably in the U.S?).
For now will continue to play the waiting game.

I had mobile service last Friday, but unfortunately two of the cameras were incorrect so it will be 2 weeks for another appointment. Now, I have no autopilot as the cameras are in conflict. Sitting at 96 safety score. Hope you have better success.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz