Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody receive the Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler from RPM Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the RPM spoiler but I cancelled and got a full refund, they were really good about it and refunded me immediately. Was waiting eight weeks and they could not give me an ETA. I said F-it and ended up just taking a chance and buying an el-cheapo China Ebay special for $130 and I am glad I took the risk because I am very pleased. It is not true CF but light ABS covered in gloss CF wrap or overlay. I installed it using 3M VHB with the activator since the tape that was pre-installed was junk. The spoiler is an OEM replica and is very subtle on a black car. The fit is fine and with the VHB, I doubt will come off anytime soon.

Attachments

• 2019-10-25_9-19-43.jpg
    2019-10-25_9-19-43.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 2019-10-25_9-31-54.jpg
    2019-10-25_9-31-54.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 147
C
I ordered the RPM spoiler but I cancelled and got a full refund, they were really good about it and refunded me immediately. Was waiting eight weeks and they could not give me an ETA. I said F-it and ended up just taking a chance and buying an el-cheapo China Ebay special for $130 and I am glad I took the risk because I am very pleased. It is not true CF but light ABS covered in gloss CF wrap or overlay. I installed it using 3M VHB with the activator since the tape that was pre-installed was junk. The spoiler is an OEM replica and is very subtle on a black car. The fit is fine and with the VHB, I doubt will come off anytime soon.
can you link to the Ebay listing you purchased from? Mine wasn’t even what was pictured. Also more pics of the edge?

I ordered CF mirror caps from RPM Tesla a few months ago - it did take longer than expected (3-4 weeks) but in fairness to them it was posted on the website regarding potential delays. And they were responsive in my emails asking about ETA/status.

You ordered 5 months ago? They said dec for my oct order

Yeah. Ordered Jun 1st. Finally got delivered last Thursday. Was going to install this past weekend, but plans changed due to power outage all weekend here in the Bay Area. Finally got around to opening the box a few minutes ago and found a defect/damage. Bummer... It was really well wrapped and protected. No crazy damage seen on the box either. E-mailed RPM. Let's see how quickly they respond (pretty slow response in the past when asking for shipment estimates) and what they will do.

IMG_20191029_121117.jpg IMG_20191029_121130.jpg IMG_20191029_122006.jpg

Yeah. Ordered Jun 1st. Finally got delivered last Thursday. Was going to install this past weekend, but plans changed due to power outage all weekend here in the Bay Area. Finally got around to opening the box a few minutes ago and found a defect/damage. Bummer... It was really well wrapped and protected. No crazy damage seen on the box either. E-mailed RPM. Let's see how quickly they respond (pretty slow response in the past when asking for shipment estimates) and what they will do.

Response via e-mail was quick! They believe it was bent during shipping, so I sent photos of the box and they will file a claim. Unfortunately, I will need to wait about four weeks for the next batch of spoilers.

View attachment 471190 View attachment 471191 View attachment 471192
Ouch. Looks good otherwise