Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody saw the LeEco car from a Chinese company? Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just can't take these guys serious. I don't understand the relationship between this company and Faraday as they seem to be backed by same people. So much muddy waters it seems to me anyway.

^ This. If they are bankrolling Faraday, why are they simultaneously running this development project. It's odd. Perhaps it represents a lack of faith in Faraday, who knows; Faraday's big unveiling of an utterly impractical supercar certainly didn't inspire confidence from me - perhaps it didn't inspire confidence from their backers either.

Reactions: Zaphod
Another electric car (another Tesla competitor?)

What's up with these Chineese ? I would never buy a Chineese car, chineese products are very bad quality and they can fall apart any time, I can't imagine myself driving a chineese car ... ever

So how can your passengers relax in Beijing - Hong Kong - Macau 50 lane Expressway?

Aerial-view-of-cars-queuing-up-to-pass-a-checkpoint.jpg

Memory foam seats of course. There's no traditional looking seats for your rear passengers:

interiors_leeco_lesee.jpg

Hold on! Can you count how many cup holders at all?

interior_back_leeco_lesee.jpg

Tesla's business model is free Supercharging.

LeEco's business model is to eventually sell their cars for free just like the way they did on April 14, 2016, a "free hardware day" with their smartphones and TVs (You got the hardware free but you have to pay the monthly content subscription fee.)

side_view_leeco_lesee.jpg

What does everyone think of what looks like a side camera instead of a mirror? I personally like the side camera idea and the front lights.

I am guessing they still need to design headlights and the rear doors would not work well for ride sharing.

What does everyone think of what looks like a side camera instead of a mirror? I personally like the side camera idea and the front lights.

I am guessing they still need to design headlights and the rear doors would not work well for ride sharing.

I think they also have to start on design and production of an actual car instead of using quite a bit of funds in constructing a very flashy future vision. Great companies DO NOT start like that.

Engineered in California...but yeah - everything is made in China

So, are you agreeing with Apple that as long as it's engineered in California, Chinese workers are much more skillful than Americans, Germans...?

"And most Americans would be surprised to know that nearly all Apple products are manufactured by one million Chinese workers in the factories of Apple contractors, including its largest: Foxconn. Yet Tim Cook insists that China's vast and cheap labor force is not the primary reason for manufacturing there.

Charlie Rose: So if it's not wages, what is it?

Tim Cook: It's skill.

Charlie Rose: Skill?

Tim Cook: It's skill. It's that Chi--

Charlie Rose: They have more skills than American workers? They have more skills than--

Tim Cook: Now-- now, hold on.

Charlie Rose: --German workers?

Tim Cook: Yeah, let me-- let me-- let me clear, China put an enormous focus on manufacturing. In what we would call, you and I would call vocational kind of skills. The U.S., over time, began to stop having as many vocational kind of skills. I mean, you can take every tool and die maker in the United States and probably put them in a room that we're currently sitting in. In China, you would have to have multiple football fields.

Charlie Rose: Because they've taught those skills in their schools?

Tim Cook: It's because it was a focus of them-- it's a focus of their educational system. And so that is the reality."

So, are you agreeing with Apple that as long as it's engineered in California, Chinese workers are much more skillful than Americans, Germans...?

"And most Americans would be surprised to know that nearly all Apple products are manufactured by one million Chinese workers in the factories of Apple contractors, including its largest: Foxconn. Yet Tim Cook insists that China's vast and cheap labor force is not the primary reason for manufacturing there.

Charlie Rose: So if it's not wages, what is it?

Tim Cook: It's skill.

Charlie Rose: Skill?

Tim Cook: It's skill. It's that Chi--

Charlie Rose: They have more skills than American workers? They have more skills than--

Tim Cook: Now-- now, hold on.

Charlie Rose: --German workers?

Tim Cook: Yeah, let me-- let me-- let me clear, China put an enormous focus on manufacturing. In what we would call, you and I would call vocational kind of skills. The U.S., over time, began to stop having as many vocational kind of skills. I mean, you can take every tool and die maker in the United States and probably put them in a room that we're currently sitting in. In China, you would have to have multiple football fields.

Charlie Rose: Because they've taught those skills in their schools?

Tim Cook: It's because it was a focus of them-- it's a focus of their educational system. And so that is the reality."

Strawman much?

Nicely produced video. I particularly liked the backdrop that includes China's vision for cities of the future. Reminded me a little bit of Masdar City.

Would have been great if they showed a real vehicle, or were able to provide any evidence to suggest they are anywhere close to being able to build a safe and fully functional vehicle. Did they mention what this vehicle with many specialized components will cost or when it will be produced?

LeEco should use "Infected Mushroom - Cities of the Future" in one of their next concept videos. :D

Last edited: