Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody saw the LeEco car from a Chinese company? Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks way better than the model 3 prototype for sure

lesee_photo_4.jpg

vs.

32B9FDDC00000578-3518488-The_Model_3_will_be_able_to_go_zero_to_60_miles_an_hour_in_less_-a-3_1459494443905.jpg

its not even close...

Last edited:
I just thought it reminded me of the Youxia clone of the Model S (it also had a similar lighted front end logo). And I think this might be a distraction/jeopardize the Faraday Future project. I'm not sure the parent company has enough funds to pursue both projects (there was talk earlier of them being in trouble of not even having enough money for the Faraday Future factory).

I need a grocery getter/winter car, our gov is also giving rebate of 14000 CAD and who knows how long that will last.
I reserved it b/c it is a good deal, if the final product is acceptable.

to me I always think the gov rebate thing is a complete joke, using collective tax payer money to support individual transportation to meet individual needs. hey but at the end of the day, 14000 is 14000. if the gov is stupid enough to support it, then i will be stupid if i don't take advantage of it.

You should probably cancel your Model 3 reservation and wait for LeSEE then.. you dont seem to like anything about the Model 3. Why put yourself through the agony.. I dont get it

Looks like an interesting concept car... Looks like Tesla is doing its job spurring competition to develop electric cars. However, being a Chinese product I have my doubts on the quality on the final product. My wife and in-laws are from China and they don't trust many Chinese products (lots of scandals like the baby formula one).. I plan to stick with Tesla.

talking about being attractive, I heard the model x 90D or whatever, is about 200k here in Canada

and without the slightest doubt that is the ugliest 200k+ car ever in history.

I would have to agree 100%. The MS will never be a $200K car in my book. I'm a die hard Tesla fan, but not a $200K fan.

Anywhoo - This car is classified as concept and I love it. I liken the word concept to the word speculation. Both words stretch my thoughts and imagination. The reason I would definitely keep my M3 deposit is because Elon/Tesla surpassed concept and entered a level of reality with the M3. My money is real..so I deposit on real.

There was no mentioning of price or availability in the video, the announcer basically said words like "the future of cars, future of car living, future of transportation... and explained that using a cellphone you can verbally tell the car to park itself" hint hint autonomous cars If there is a link to the full length video I would watch and translate it.

The design language of the car reminds me of the VW budd e van. I have to say though the backend, opennings on the side and front bumper looks not so pleasing.

The roof glass panel sparks a question whether if it is just coincidence or a common theme where more cars will have glass panel roofs.

I need a grocery getter/winter car, our gov is also giving rebate of 14000 CAD and who knows how long that will last.

to me I always think the gov rebate thing is a complete joke, using collective tax payer money to support individual transportation to meet individual needs. hey but at the end of the day, 14000 is 14000. if the gov is stupid enough to support it, then i will be stupid if i don't take advantage of it.
If you can afford to burn money with those loser gas cars you love so much, surely you can afford to burn money paying for gas to get groceries, even in winter.

You know, it occurs to me you might be happier with the Bolt. It'll be on sale sooner, it has approximately the same range of the 3, and plenty of space for groceries.

• Funny
Reactions: BluestarE3
If rear seats don't fold for luggage, I am not interested!

Otherwise, it's nice without side mirrors (side cameras as in Model X prototype.)

Nice whole glass roof from front windshield to rear back.

I prefer LIDAR and looks like it sits flat at the center, on top of the all glass roof.

If it can't match or beat Tesla Supercharger speed then it's a deal breaker for me!