Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody seen these codes? Dl_w062 Power reduced & BMS_w073 Unable to start vehicle BMS_u008

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was driving perfect earlier in the day. Ran the radio for a while when cleaning the inside and polishing etc. The errors popped up when nobody was in the car but the doors were open and the car was not 'on' (in park, no key fob around). I only saw the errors 2 hours later when I got in the car and it was in turtle mode moving it in my driveway (barely any power). Its still under full extended warrantee. Wondering if the 12v battery ran itself down somehow or needs to be changed?

P85D with very healthy battery and only 59Kms.

Dl_w062 Power reduced
BMS_w073 Unable to start vehicle
BMS_u008 Acceleration and top-speed reduced

IMG_7210.jpeg

IMG_7209.jpeg

I had a similar message while on a road trip, about a year ago, and it turned out to be the heater for my battery was giving wacky electrical readings. I was able to continue my trip, and they diagnosed it, and replace the heater when I returned. 2016 Model S 90D
I had a similar message while on a road trip, about a year ago, and it turned out to be the heater for my battery was giving wacky electrical readings. I was able to continue my trip, and they diagnosed it, and replace the heater when I returned. 2016 Model S 90D.

Maybe but the weather has been warmer, no long trips, and the car has rarely been supercharged (it's been months since the last supercharge).
I just drove around the block and it's limited in power but drivable.
Could they remotely diagnose yours or did you have to bring it to the service centre?

For those that want to know..

Well.. Vehicle is back. Removed and replaced high voltage contactors and pyro fuse which required battery removal.

Parts included were..

COVER, FUSE, TOP PANEL(6010488-00-D) 1.0

FIELD KIT PYRO FUSE PACK 1.0 1.5(1089619-00-D) 1.0

FIELD CTR KIT W/O FUSE PACK 1.0 1.5(1084515-00-E) 1.0

ASY, RAPIDMATE PLATE, HVBAT,MDLS(1015753-00-C) 1.0

Thankfully covered under HV battery warranty.