TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anybody seen this on your seat before?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by PBP, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PBP

PBP Member

IMG_0388.JPG IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0389.JPG

Just discovered the other day that something is sticking out of the seat. Dont know what it is. Has sent mails to Tesla but currently no reaction. Have any of you seen that before?

My car has production number P30219.

2. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Looks like one of the internal springs popped out - looks like a SvC visit in your future.

O

3. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

See a dermatologist. They should be able to take care of it.:smile:

4. LittoDevil

LittoDevil Member

Haha dermatologist.. that's what I wanted to reply with.. but I actually have the 100% accurate answer for you, I was curious so I went to ask my friend who works in the seat department in the factory.

It's actually an error in the seat assembly line process. It's a metal wire called a "listing wire". It's what they used to affix the leather to the foam, it's not actually a bubble. It's the end of the wire so it's a loop, the anchor wasn't set properly. There's only been a few of these cases and have been warranted so you just have to bring it in and they will replace it for you. If you don't want to hassle with that, just push it back in, it wont hurt.

Larry

5. PBP

PBP Member

Thanks Larry. Mystery solved and Tesla is on the case, Again great service