Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody successfully gotten a priority bump after purchasing a MS/MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery estimate for AWD is currently June - August 2018 so I think they'd have to start production before August. Previously, it was May - July 2018.

My delivery estimate for Standard Battery has changed to Early 2018.

So our new AWD August/October timeframe could be pretty accurate since we didn't reserve until pretty late. I really hope Tesla will be coming out any day with info on what exactly the AWD version will have as options and pricing for it now that current owners are starting to get their cars. Really would like to make the best informed decision when the invite does eventually arrive. In the meantime looking forward to seeing 3s on the road in my area this month. Hubby was in the area of the service center/showroom where we ordered our S from the other day and decided to drop in. He told me a midnight silver metalic 3 (like our S) was charging there and I had him send me photos--yes I'm getting excited (Vin 96 I think he said so employee related). I'm leaning towards a white body but I think he likes the idea of matching his/her cars. As he was pulling out he spotted a gray roadster coming in. I need to hang out in better places!

I reserved my 3 on 8/6/16, just bought a private party Model S earlier this month (12/7 off the top of my head....). I've been following this thread, and wrote [email protected] and also wrote via my Tesla Account on 12/23 inquiring about any kind of a bump in the line given my newly minted status as an owner.

I wasn't really expecting a bump since I reserved well before I got the S, but I just got a voicemail today (surprisingly with the holidays and all...) from someone on the "Model 3 team" telling me to "definitely expect a jump in the line" and to look out for an email "very, very soon" to configure.

The caller's verbiage seemed overly positive given my reservation profile above and the fact that I'm on the East Coast. I'm at a family event all day, but I'm tempted to call back and verify all of this....I just dropped a lot of coin on the S and need a few months time time to save up for the 3!! :)

The truly interesting thing to me however, is the mention of a "Model 3 team" which I take to mean as a Model 3 "support" team...didn't know there was one of these within Tesla, and hadn't read anything on it here or elsewhere.

Based on a second reservation I placed as an S/X owner about 5 months ago, canceling and re-reserving would probably improve your place in line to the 80-100k position - good enough to take delivery sometime in 2018 depending on the configuration.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krash
I'm definitely late to the game. I purchased a 2017 MS 100D three weeks ago and just a few minutes ago reserved the M3. Our Audi's lease is up June 30, 2018 and was hoping to get into a M3. It doesn't look like that may be happening....but boy do I love driving the MS :cool:

I'm definitely late to the game. I purchased a 2017 MS 100D three weeks ago and just a few minutes ago reserved the M3. Our Audi's lease is up June 30, 2018 and was hoping to get into a M3. It doesn't look like that may be happening....but boy do I love driving the MS :cool:

Congrats! So what exactly does the Delivery Estimator show for each of your Model 3 configurations? I am curious.

Based on a second reservation I placed as an S/X owner about 5 months ago, canceling and re-reserving would probably improve your place in line to the 80-100k position - good enough to take delivery sometime in 2018 depending on the configuration.
You shouldn't have to cancel a reservation and make a new one. That would certainly make for a later delivery than working with corporate to associate the old reservation with the newer purchase.

Adding to the body of knowledge here, I wrote Service via my Tesla account (in addition to writing Reservations and getting a call from them...see post from earlier) and got this email just now:

“Thank you for your email. I have taken the info you provided and passed it along to the proper team to link your Model 3 reservation with your MyTesla account so that you get priority on the model 3 reservation. ”

I’ll update if I see a change in my res.

Adding to the body of knowledge here, I wrote Service via my Tesla account (in addition to writing Reservations and getting a call from them...see post from earlier) and got this email just now:

“Thank you for your email. I have taken the info you provided and passed it along to the proper team to link your Model 3 reservation with your MyTesla account so that you get priority on the model 3 reservation. ”

I’ll update if I see a change in my res.

Hi,

I have the same situation like yours. M3 reservation on May 2017, took MS delivery in Dec. The delivery estimated still Late 2018 for all configurations. Did you see it the bump in your tesla account yet?

Hi,

I have the same situation like yours. M3 reservation on May 2017, took MS delivery in Dec. The delivery estimated still Late 2018 for all configurations. Did you see it the bump in your tesla account yet?

Just a few days ago I received an email with this line:

"You can view your Model 3 reservation in your MyTesla account, and you will have priority but no update on an estimate delivery date or invite for configuration of your vehicle."

So, after 2 emails to Customer Support after an escalation and a call from another Customer Service agent, I don't think I have anything else to offer except that Tesla is purposefully trying to keep things inherently vague, I probably don't blame them.

What I'm operating under at the moment, is that my window will be the same (May-July '18 for 1st prod., mid-18 for Standard) but I'll just be on the front end of that window, rather than getting an actual bump forward in my window(s).

If that's the case, I'm actually ok with this and I think it's fair since I wasn't an owner when I made my res...though I certainly won't complain if I am bumped forward. :)

For the record, after the recent updates to delivery schedules, I'm at:

First production: Mar - May 2018
Standard battery: Early 2019
Dual motor: Late 2018

This is for a Jan 2017 reservation, supposedly with owner priority though who knows if I'm actually getting a bump from that. This seems like a really late schedule for somebody with owner priority to me...

For the record, after the recent updates to delivery schedules, I'm at:

First production: Mar - May 2018
Standard battery: Early 2019
Dual motor: Late 2018

This is for a Jan 2017 reservation, supposedly with owner priority though who knows if I'm actually getting a bump from that. This seems like a really late schedule for somebody with owner priority to me...
When did you reserve?