Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody successfully gotten a priority bump after purchasing a MS/MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the record, after the recent updates to delivery schedules, I'm at:

First production: Mar - May 2018
Standard battery: Early 2019
Dual motor: Late 2018

This is for a Jan 2017 reservation, supposedly with owner priority though who knows if I'm actually getting a bump from that. This seems like a really late schedule for somebody with owner priority to me...

Actually this is accurate with being near the end of the owner line. You’re in the first prod window with all of the remaining owners, and non-day 1 (but still 2016) owners have late 2018 for both SR and AWD, so it looks like you’re slotted in there right at the end. Non-priority people who reserved in Jan 2017 have MUCH worse first production windows.

I did not bother reading the entire thread, so apologies if this is well-known now. I was a Day 1 reservation holder (online before the reveal) but non-owner. This past fall, I ordered a CPO Model S from Tesla's site. It took about a month after delivery for me to see a bump in priority in my Model 3 reservation on the delivery estimate page. I took delivery in October; the delivery estimates changed in November.

It was my intent to get the CPO S in place of the Model 3, so I had no intention of doing this just to get bumped up. However I still was checking the delivery estimates somewhat regularly to see how Tesla was coming along with fulfilling reservations.

Based on recent events, one can conclude that the delivery estimates are likely static; by that I mean that someone has to adjust the timeframes by hand, and there's no formula that dynamically adjusts things on the fly. If that's true, then that means someone has to periodically made adjustments to the timeframes. Perhaps the update I saw a month later was simply due to a manual adjustment in November.

Otherwise, perhaps the month is built-in to prevent people from gaming the system just to cut in line.

I was updated as well:

1st prod: Aug-Oct 2018
Standard: Early 2019
Dual Motor: Late 2018

I was May-Jul, Mid-2018, Late 2018 respectively.

This brings forward an option I wasn't considering up until now.... getting the Long Range STANDARD interior (if it becomes available) in Fall 2018. 44k is more than I was planning on but......

I was updated as well:

1st prod: Aug-Oct 2018
Standard: Early 2019
Dual Motor: Late 2018

I was May-Jul, Mid-2018, Late 2018 respectively.

This brings forward an option I wasn't considering up until now.... getting the Long Range STANDARD interior (if it becomes available) in Fall 2018. 44k is more than I was planning on but......

Tesla is clearly toying with me. I get bumped back a week ago (see above), and today I got my config email!

Attachments

• Image-1-3.jpg
    Image-1-3.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 59
Existing Tesla owner
East Coast
Model 3 Reservation: 12/29/17
Delivery Estimator: Late 2018 for all configurations. Will update this if it changes.

Update:
Delivery Estimator:
LR: Now
SR: Early 2019
Dual Motors: Late 2018

BUT...if I click on "Start Design" as if I am attempting to design my LR model, inside there it shows "Coming Soon"
SR: Late 2018 and Dual Motors: Mid 2018.

Attachments

• Model 3.jpg
    Model 3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 56
I also got the configuration invite last night! Woo! Except... now I wait for the AWD version...

My numbers are exactly what gtg649m is seeing; delivery estimator shows:

LR: Now
SR: Early 2019
DM: Late 2018

But the configurator say mid-2018 for DM and late-2018 for SR. Let's home the configurator is more accurate, but honestly given my prior knowledge of Tesla, the estimator is probably closer to the mark.

I'm in PA btw, so I think they may be expanding the delivery areas a bit with this most recent batch.

The timeframe specified within the configurator is when Tesla will start production of that feature. It is not an estimate for when it will be available for you. The delivery estimate page is still the best gauge for when you might get to configure for those options.

I had been interested in AWD, and when I was invited to configure, within the configurator, it said dual motor was available in "Spring 2018" while my delivery estimate page said dual motor would be available for me between Aug - Oct 2018. This all got pushed back recently, to the dates you see on your end now.

The timeframe specified within the configurator is when Tesla will start production of that feature. It is not an estimate for when it will be available for you. The delivery estimate page is still the best gauge for when you might get to configure for those options.

I had been interested in AWD, and when I was invited to configure, within the configurator, it said dual motor was available in "Spring 2018" while my delivery estimate page said dual motor would be available for me between Aug - Oct 2018. This all got pushed back recently, to the dates you see on your end now.

Thanks for the clarification!

I did not bother reading the entire thread, so apologies if this is well-known now. I was a Day 1 reservation holder (online before the reveal) but non-owner. This past fall, I ordered a CPO Model S from Tesla's site. It took about a month after delivery for me to see a bump in priority in my Model 3 reservation on the delivery estimate page. I took delivery in October; the delivery estimates changed in November.

It was my intent to get the CPO S in place of the Model 3, so I had no intention of doing this just to get bumped up. However I still was checking the delivery estimates somewhat regularly to see how Tesla was coming along with fulfilling reservations.

Based on recent events, one can conclude that the delivery estimates are likely static; by that I mean that someone has to adjust the timeframes by hand, and there's no formula that dynamically adjusts things on the fly. If that's true, then that means someone has to periodically made adjustments to the timeframes. Perhaps the update I saw a month later was simply due to a manual adjustment in November.

Otherwise, perhaps the month is built-in to prevent people from gaming the system just to cut in line.
Thanks for this helpful post. I'll sit patiently for a month before I bother Tesla about getting the owners bump. You just saved tesla some troubleshooting time :)

-Jim

Update: Got my invite last Wednesday evening. Certainly wasn't expecting it, so didn't have my numbers together. Took a few days to get everything in motion, and placed my Order Payment last night!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 10.44.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 10.44.17 PM.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 53