Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody take delivery of their Tesla in Paramus, NJ?

1bad442

Mar 1, 2021
Maine
Hello,

Picking up my MYP this Saturday, March 6th. I live in Maine and I was wondering if anybody knows if Paramus, NJ SC issues temporary tags for the trip home.

Usually 20-30 day tags, but I haven’t purchased a car from NJ before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve

Kzrman

Jan 26, 2021
Northeast
Hi,
I will be picking up a MY LR from Paramus, NJ Sometime at the end of this month (that's what I told Tesla I wanted to do).
Coming from Maine as I am I was told that the reason that I half to pick up the vehicle from Paramus is that they will be issuing me temp tags.

Congrats on your order! It will be nice to have another Tesla in Maine.

1bad442

Mar 1, 2021
Maine
Hi,
I will be picking up a MY LR from Paramus, NJ Sometime at the end of this month (that's what I told Tesla I wanted to do).
Coming from Maine as I am I was told that the reason that I half to pick up the vehicle from Paramus is that they will be issuing me temp tags.

Congrats on your order! It will be nice to have another Tesla in Maine.
Thanks! It’s been difficult to get a straight answer on this. If you call the Paramus number, you get routed to the main Tesla phone bank, and they say they will inquire and get back to you, but ultimately don’t.

I’m picking up the car with my enclosed car trailer, but I want to be able to evaluate the car carefully while I’m at the SC so I can document any issues. Good luck with your transaction!

hcdavis3

HCD3
Mar 3, 2019
Hello,

Picking up my MYP this Saturday, March 6th. I live in Maine and I was wondering if anybody knows if Paramus, NJ SC issues temporary tags for the trip home.

Usually 20-30 day tags, but I haven’t purchased a car from NJ before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve
Why are you going to Paramus. Why not Dedham MA?

1bad442

Mar 1, 2021
Maine
Why are you going to Paramus. Why not Dedham MA?
Peabody, Mass is even closer to me. Tesla said some kind of licensing issue with selling to someone from outside Massachusetts or something to that effect. Paramus was the closest location they could provide.

sewing1

2020 Model Y LR AWD
Sep 10, 2019
Florida
I picked up my 2020 Model Y LR AWD at the end of September 2020 in Paramus. It had a 30 New Jersey non-resident license plate.

Kelmn07

May 7, 2018
New Hampshire
Just picked up mine Saturday and drove it back to NH. Place was hopping! Nonstop cars coming and going it got tight navigating it.

Seamless experience, was in and out in about 10 minutes. Completely hands free handoff, advisors stay inside and guide you to where to find your car. I appreciated it being a quick experience given the long drive.

Don Potter

Mar 10, 2021
Otisfield,ME
Just placed my order for a new Tesla model Y. I’m not thrilled with having to pay $750 for remote delivery, but it’s better than driving 7 hrs from central Maine to/from Paramus to pick it up.

But I’m really looking forward to my new ride!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC