Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody take delivery of their Tesla in Paramus, NJ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Picking up my MYP this Saturday, March 6th. I live in Maine and I was wondering if anybody knows if Paramus, NJ SC issues temporary tags for the trip home.

Usually 20-30 day tags, but I haven’t purchased a car from NJ before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve

Hi,
I will be picking up a MY LR from Paramus, NJ Sometime at the end of this month (that's what I told Tesla I wanted to do).
Coming from Maine as I am I was told that the reason that I half to pick up the vehicle from Paramus is that they will be issuing me temp tags.

Congrats on your order! It will be nice to have another Tesla in Maine.

Hi,
I will be picking up a MY LR from Paramus, NJ Sometime at the end of this month (that's what I told Tesla I wanted to do).
Coming from Maine as I am I was told that the reason that I half to pick up the vehicle from Paramus is that they will be issuing me temp tags.

Congrats on your order! It will be nice to have another Tesla in Maine.
Thanks! It’s been difficult to get a straight answer on this. If you call the Paramus number, you get routed to the main Tesla phone bank, and they say they will inquire and get back to you, but ultimately don’t.

I’m picking up the car with my enclosed car trailer, but I want to be able to evaluate the car carefully while I’m at the SC so I can document any issues. Good luck with your transaction!

Hello,

Picking up my MYP this Saturday, March 6th. I live in Maine and I was wondering if anybody knows if Paramus, NJ SC issues temporary tags for the trip home.

Usually 20-30 day tags, but I haven’t purchased a car from NJ before.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve
Why are you going to Paramus. Why not Dedham MA?

Just picked up mine Saturday and drove it back to NH. Place was hopping! Nonstop cars coming and going it got tight navigating it.

Seamless experience, was in and out in about 10 minutes. Completely hands free handoff, advisors stay inside and guide you to where to find your car. I appreciated it being a quick experience given the long drive.

Reviving an old thread here, but hoping to pick my Model 3 up sometime this month. I decided flying in and driving home was the best option as a one-way ticket PWM to EWR (Newark) is about $70 and a 30m Lyft to Paramus at about $30-50 made much more sense than driving almost 6 hours each way. I just read that Paramus suffered some damages from the flooding this week; hoping that doesn't further delay my delivery. Any tips for someone like myself coming from Maine as the OP did to pick up in NJ? When I originally was looking into the Model3, you could still pick up in Dedham, that seems to unfortunately no longer be an option. Thanks!

'What a hundred-year storm looks like': Scenes of flooding, destruction in North Jersey

Anyone with deliveries scheduled for this week in Paramus are cancelled. The Tesla location in Paramus was hit pretty hard by the storm, lots of damage to the building and Tesla vehicles, if you have a delivery scheduled for this location you will receive a notification from Tesla with further instructions.
Yikes. Hope it’s resolved by the 9th. My M3LR is scheduled for delivery in 8th. Wishful thinking I bet but we can dream!

Reviving an old thread here, but hoping to pick my Model 3 up sometime this month. I decided flying in and driving home was the best option as a one-way ticket PWM to EWR (Newark) is about $70 and a 30m Lyft to Paramus at about $30-50 made much more sense than driving almost 6 hours each way. I just read that Paramus suffered some damages from the flooding this week; hoping that doesn't further delay my delivery. Any tips for someone like myself coming from Maine as the OP did to pick up in NJ? When I originally was looking into the Model3, you could still pick up in Dedham, that seems to unfortunately no longer be an option. Thanks!
Springfield NJ is also close to EWR. Just a longer drive home. Could also go up to Mount Kisco from HPN.