TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anybody traded in an S for a 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by UnknownSoldier, Aug 3, 2018.

1. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Unknown Member

Currently I have a 2016, pre-facelift S 90D. It's AP1 and I've been thinking about trading it in for a P3D so I could get AP2.5 but mainly because the S is a very large car and trying to park the thing in the city can be an adventure. So the primary reason i would trade an S for a 3 is just so the car can get smaller.

Has anyone else traded an S for a 3? Does Tesla offer decent trade-in value for their old S these days if you are buying a new car from them? Or should I pursue a private sale of my car if I want to try and get the most value out of it? I don't really know how much tax you need to pay from the proceeds of a private sale or how I could even find that out, since obviously any additional money gained from a private sale would be partly offset by having to pay the tax on selling the car.

Suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Try vroom.com they offer reasonable trade in comparible to private party sell ..Tesla will also match CarMax value but they don’t give any additional consideration because you are trading in for other Tesla ..