Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody traded in an S for a 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnknownSoldier

Unknown Member
Apr 17, 2017
Earth
Currently I have a 2016, pre-facelift S 90D. It's AP1 and I've been thinking about trading it in for a P3D so I could get AP2.5 but mainly because the S is a very large car and trying to park the thing in the city can be an adventure. So the primary reason i would trade an S for a 3 is just so the car can get smaller.

Has anyone else traded an S for a 3? Does Tesla offer decent trade-in value for their old S these days if you are buying a new car from them? Or should I pursue a private sale of my car if I want to try and get the most value out of it? I don't really know how much tax you need to pay from the proceeds of a private sale or how I could even find that out, since obviously any additional money gained from a private sale would be partly offset by having to pay the tax on selling the car.

Suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

Try vroom.com they offer reasonable trade in comparible to private party sell ..Tesla will also match CarMax value but they don’t give any additional consideration because you are trading in for other Tesla ..