Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody use the stock rims with their Winter tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about using the 18" aero rims this Winter and getting new rims in the Summer. Has anybody done that around here? Are there any reasons why I shouldn't do that and get new rims for Winter tires?

Also, I'm deciding between the X-ICE XI3 and HAKKAPELIITTA R3. Any preferences?

I'm thinking about using the 18" aero rims this Winter and getting new rims in the Summer. Has anybody done that around here? Are there any reasons why I shouldn't do that and get new rims for Winter tires?

Also, I'm deciding between the X-ICE XI3 and HAKKAPELIITTA R3. Any preferences?
Ditto here, bought after market for summer, and put continental Si's on the aero rims. Personally, I think its better to get the new rims for summer because you can get something unique, and if you get nice rims for the winter they will get destroyed by the salt/snow. Still haven't put the winters on the car though, I usually wait until mid november when the temperature is consistently 5C or lower to put the winters on.

from what I'm told the Hakka R3s are on a national backorder (last I heard in early oct is they are 350+ set backlog) that Nokian doesn't plan on fulfilling this year.... ask around but I ordered mid September and the distributor pretty much said go with another tire cause they won't be making anymore this year... I'm currently on a backlog order for the Michelin X-ice Xi3 and they don't come in for another 3 weeks... get your tires soon!

from what I'm told the Hakka R3s are on a national backorder (last I heard in early oct is they are 350+ set backlog) that Nokian doesn't plan on fulfilling this year.... ask around but I ordered mid September and the distributor pretty much said go with another tire cause they won't be making anymore this year... I'm currently on a backlog order for the Michelin X-ice Xi3 and they don't come in for another 3 weeks... get your tires soon!
You may want to check Kaltire again. I was at Kaltire Ottawa to finalize my HR3 order, I was told a new batch coming to Canada and will be available by second or third week of November.

I had Hakka R3's put on my 18" aero rims by Kal Tire on Oct. 9. No snow here yet but the temps are getting colder and I wanted them on before the inevitable rush!

The plan is to take the factory Michelin tires and get some new wheels to use in the spring. Maybe a set of Replika R187...