Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody who's 5' 0" or under driving a 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's the problem. I've done all the research re. EVs and come to same conclusion as most other folks. The Tesla 3 is way, way better than anything else out there. I'm average height BUT my wife is very petite (5' 0") and worried about height adjustment and visibility. Our nearest showroom is in Cambridge, 60 miles away in a shopping mall and there's no way we can get there at the moment for her to try the seat height out.

Has anybody got experience of shorter people (wives or husbands) driving the 3?

More importantly is there a gallant soul living in the Ipswich area who wouldn't mind my wife trying out the driver's seat?

Really want to get an order in if possible; before the stock cars disappear.

Cheers, Derek

• Informative
Reactions: outdoordawg
So here's the problem. I've done all the research re. EVs and come to same conclusion as most other folks. The Tesla 3 is way, way better than anything else out there. I'm average height BUT my wife is very petite (5' 0") and worried about height adjustment and visibility. Our nearest showroom is in Cambridge, 60 miles away in a shopping mall and there's no way we can get there at the moment for her to try the seat height out.

More importantly is there a gallant soul living in the Ipswich area who wouldn't mind my wife trying out the driver's seat?

Cheers, Derek
Not close enough to you but my friend is maybe 5’1” and she has had a 3 for much longer than I have and never had she made any comments about visibility or adjustability in the seat. Hope this gives you some reassurance.

Not close enough to you but my friend is maybe 5’1” and she has had a 3 for much longer than I have and never had she made any comments about visibility or adjustability in the seat. Hope this gives you some reassurance.
Thanks to you both. That's reassuring. Does the whole seat lift when adjusted or does it do what my BMW 3 Series does and just lift the rear of the seat?

Cheers, Derek

Our 15 year old grandaughter-gymnast was about 5 foot tall when she first drove our Tesla Model 3 (and almost 100 lbs).
She found a comfortable driving position.

All the smaller people in my family love the Model 3 because of the forward visibility. They don't have to peer over an instrument cluster, like they do on most cars.

BTW: I'm 6' 3"

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood

Cheers, Derek

I know someone who is 4.11 and has no problem, she is a realtor and drives a lot of miles.

Ditto, wife is 5'1", has no issues. The cowl (dashboard) on the Model 3 is much lower than on many cars, which makes vision out to the front really easy. Vision to the back isn't quite as good, but that is the same no matter how tall you are.

I agree. I am 5'2". The dashboard is very low on the Model 3. It's the best visibility (out the front) that I have ever had. After sitting in the Model 3, I finally noticed that in every other car I always had to crank/lift the drivers seat all the way up and strain my neck and lift my chin so I could comfortably see over the dashboard. I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Back visibility isn't good so I like to drive with the back camera on.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
Is the passenger seat height adjustable as well, or is it just the drivers seat?
Front passenger, yes. Rear passenger seats have no adjustment.

In my 2019 Model 3, the front passenger seat is physically identical to the driver seat, but it is missing some software. I think I recall that Tesla may have recently removed lumbar support adjustment from the passenger seat, but it should still do height adjustment. There is that there is no memory / profile presets or easy entry function for the passenger seat though which could be annoying if you frequently have passengers of vastly different size.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia