TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anybody wished the third brake lights extend like that of the Model S?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Maximilien, Aug 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

For some reason, I like the Model S's long third brake light that extend throughout entire rear. When I first saw Model S in 2012 while driving on the highway, the long strip of the brake light caught my attention.

I thought it would look cooler if the Model X also extended to the end of the spoiler or position it just like Model S at the top of the hatchback glass.

It looks also weird how the third brake lights in the Model X shows on the dashboard. Unlike the Model S, it looks awkwardly thick. :D

Did anyone think similar?

2. Magus

Magus Member

I think that would be great.

• Like x 1
  3. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

I completely agree. Love the full length brake light.
    But no doubt there are some parts that are more "off the shelf" than others in order to keep costs down.

• Like x 1
  4. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

That's what I felt.

Also maybe I am guessing there is an engineering challenge with full length brake light on that spoiler maybe.

5. teethdood

teethdood Member

I like the lighted T brake light. I'm still waiting for evanex to make it available.